I

▪◾◼ Ezra is out there somewhere...and it's time to bring him home ◼◾▪

I turn to find Ahsoka, who had received my request for assistance on my newly declared mission. I give her a slight smile before sliding my helmet on and make my way to her, bringing nothing but a small old bag. Once I reach her, we walk together down to her ship.

I haven't seen Ezra in so long; I don't know how I have survived this long without him, to be honest. I have always known that my friend wasn't gone forever and that he can look after himself -the majority of the time-. Even though I understand that he made the choice to sacrifice himself for all of Lothal, part of me wishes he never did; just so he could have been here with me these past five years, watching his home planet that he so adores bloom into the stunning place that it is now. I'd believed that his plan for me had just been to liberate Lothal when really it was much more than that; to bring him home.

The previous night, I had almost fallen asleep when I heard voices from the other room. In shock, I had fallen off my chair considering the fact I live alone. Furthermore, I grabbed the sharpest thing near me, and peeked around the doorway, only to find no one there but my old comlink, buzzing. Our team doesn't use these models anymore, we have better, updated versions to communicate. Confused, I had answered it hesitantly. There were muffled rustling sounds before beeping, then a voice spoke up.

"This is... Jabba the Hutt....... You miss me?"  

"E-Ezra??" I cried into the speaker of the old device.

"SABINE?"

I heard cheering through the comlink, then audible breathing before he answered.

"I did it! I made contact with you!....damn... It's been a while, right? How long? I haven't seen you guys for ages...  I have missed you so much... I don't have a ship. Not only that, but I am not sure where I am, really. I have been wandering this planet for what must be years! Sending coordinates n-" His ranting was cut off, a long beep echoed throughout the walls of the tower. Then halted, greeting complete silence.

"Hello? Ezra?" I asked, concern draining the previous joy away. "I'm going to find you. I promise." I speak desperately into the comlink, practically talking to myself as I stand, with it clenched in my fist.

Furthermore, I had then contacted Ahsoka and discussed meeting up here on Lothal in the morning, to let the mission unfold from there.

This first chapter is pretty dang rough... it will get better though I swear. 

- Author from the future who has gone back to edit old chapters