Part 11

Hello everyone!

I apologise for not continuing this story for a while. I was very busy writing a twenty page 'short' story for a competition held across my country for teen writers. 

Luckily, I have completed it and will be returning to this Fanfic.

(Also, btw sorry for keep chopping and changing between past tense and present tense, I'm pretty sure I am going crazy. But from now on it will be in present tense...Hopefully...) sEnD hELp

Anyway, enjoy this month's chapter!

Sabine changed her gaze from hyperspace to Ezra. He leaped up from the couch and stood in between Ahsoka and Sabine, gaping out the window. He hadn't seen space in years.  

Even though Sabine has been living on Lothal for a while, she has still been visiting the other members of the ghost crew and her blood family on Krownest every now and then. So space isn't much of a shock for her, unlike Ezra.

Sabine smirks when she sees Ezra grinning like a small child. It was at that moment when Sabine suddenly thinks about Jacen.

'Hey, Ezra, ' Sabine starts while gripping his wrist and dragging him across towards the other ship. 'I want to show you something.' 

At first, Ezra was confused and slightly shocked but soon accepted that Sabine does this sort of thing and he lets himself be dragged in silence. Once they were in Ahsoka's ship and near the corner, Sabine released the grip on Ezra's arm. He wasn't quite sure what was happening and what Sabine was planning to do in the next few seconds, so he allows his mind to explore the most likely options of actions that the mandalorian women might make. Ezra's thoughts clearly went straight to the dirty and sexual side. However, Sabine was planning no such thing. 

'Look here.' She rips him out of his thoughts and points down at a page in a large open sketchbook that she holds in both hands.

Ezra forces himself to move his eyes away from Sabine, and to the book. On the pale thin page, was a silky, neat painting of a small boy. The child seeming to be about five years of age and has a mop of bright green hair on his small pale head. His skin almost the same shade as the pages in the book. Surprisingly, his eyes were a deep blue, which just added to the list of many adorable things about the boy. 

'I painted this last year,' Sabine smiled up at the shaggy young man. 'This is Jacen.'

'Hera and Kanan's kid?' Ezra questioned, trying to remember two nights back when Sabine explained the child to him.

The mandalorian nodded, keeping the small grin on her face. Ezra looked back down at the sketchbook and admired the image again. He slipped the book out of Sabine's loose grasp and took a closer look.

'This is really well painted, Sabine. You have gotten even more talented,' Ezra gaped at the pictures 'And I didn't think that was even possible.' He chuckled.

'Oh, shut up.' She wacked him lightly on the hand, attempting to hide her feelings.

Ezra ignored her attack and began flipping through the previous pages in the book. When Sabine noticed him doing this, she yanked the book out of his hands in alarm. Ezra shot his head upward towards her with an innocent, confused and frightened expression. He opened his mouth to apologise but Sabine took over.

'Sorry, I- I just don't really I just don't really want people going through this, ya know...for personal reasons' 

Ezra nodded slowly and gave her a understanding sweet smile. Sabine returned the smile and slid the book into her satchel. She then tossed the stuffed bag on a bench nearby.