Part 14

.....

........

.............

*Casually waltzes in like I didn't abandon this fan fic for months*

Hi

So, I have been really extremely busy recently.

And I apologise for not publishing for a while. 

But you know what?

Y'all survived.

Thank you so much for your patience and dedication to reading this story. I really appreciate it.

On with the chapter!

(I'm sorry I'm like this)

'Kriffing soap.'

Jacen glares down at the small bar of soap on the metallic floor, beside his foot. It had just a second ago been clenched in his palm. Possibly clenched too tight, considering the slippery and stubborn object is now on the ground. 

The small sour boy drops the silver plate in his hand into the sink, before he lowers himself down toward the ground of the kitchen. He reaches out for the pale object while wearing a scowl on his little face. Jacen instantly regrets touching it once he does. It's sliminess has attracted numerous small chunks of dirt from the floor. 

'Mama should have cleaned the kitchen before the rest of the ship.' Jacen tosses the bar skillfully into the sink while keeping his eyes down. When he hears the sudden splash of soapy warm water, his ears perk up and he spins his head to the source of the noise with an overly proud grin from ear to ear. 'Hah. I'm awesome.' Jacen rises to his feet and dries his hands off on his baggy blue trousers. 

Jacen stares down into the sink full of dirty plates and cutlery. He contemplates on whether to finish his chore or ditch it and do some spying on his friends. Obviously he doesn't have to think too hard about the two options he has given himself and jogs toward the open doorway. 

The common room consists of his mother, the two suspicious friends, and the Pirate with his Monkey-Lizard. There appears to be no sign of Rex, Ahsoka or Chopper. The lack of the droid's presence is no surprise to the little boy. However, the other two gets him thinking. They're probably doing something more interesting than these people. He suspects as he stares at the group on couch drinking caffs and chatting.

So that's his decision made. Jacen is going to search for Ahsoka and Rex, and quite possibly spy on them to make the search more interesting.

After a five minute dramatic creep through the ship, he spots two figures outside the Ghost sitting beside each other. Jacen does a weird slow run down the ramp in silence in order to remain undiscovered by his comrades. Once he confirms with himself that he has indeed made it closer to his goal without getting caught, he presses his back up against the outer belly of the Ghost. Jacen stealthily strides around the outside of the ship, not peeling his eyes from his targets as he does so.

The two seem to be sitting in silence, which is a slight shock to Jacen since he knows all too well that adults like to talk for hours. He recalls a time when the war finally ended and Zeb -who looked after him during the battle of Endor, on Lira San- brought him back to his mother who was chatting with what seemed like every single pilot and rebel fighter on Endor's moon.

Unexpectedly, one of Jacen's targets makes movement. He watches closely as the woman in the long white robe scoots closer to his own friend, Rex. Jacen squints his eyes to try and focus more, leaving only a slither of his diamond Blue eyes to appear visible. Once again the little boy spots movement coming from the pair. The woman now slowly slides in until her head is leaning against Rex's shoulder. The change in position makes one of her lekku droop down, showing off sharp blue and white stripes wrapping around it.