VI

Third-Person perspective from now on.

For a lengthy moment, Ezra doesn't answer Sabine's question. The room is enveloped in complete silence other than the tapping rainfall that can be heard from the outside. Suspicions and theories begin racing through Sabine's head. 

After a couple cautious moments, she turns to Ezra and elbows him lightly. 

"Ezra?"

"Hm?" His wide shining eyes flick to Sabine's.

"Answer my question." She shifts closer to him, poker-faced in trying to get her first question over with.

"I'm not entirely sure where he is exactly. And if he is still alive." Ezra sits up a bit, Sabine along with him. "I've been- been hearing him sometimes. Thrawn. But I'm not strong enough to understand, to see. I can't explain it. I don't- I don't know. I'm sorry."

Sabine leans her head on Ezra's shoulder and lays her leg over his, trying to share a bed built for only for one person is more difficult than it had seems. All she does is nod at his attempted response.

The two sit in quiet just enjoying the other's company, which they had missed for what felt like to the both of them: an eternity. Quiet, at least before Ezra speaks up. :How are the others? Like Hera and all?"

Sabine shrugs a bit. "Zeb and Kallus are on Lira San, last I heard. And Hera, Jacen and Rex still with the rebellion. It's a lot different without the empire though. After the great battle of Endor."

Ezra has a satisfied appearance on his face before it being overshadowed by a confused one. "Jacen who?"

"Oh, I forgot that you don't know. Jacen Syndulla is the son of Hera and Kanan. He's a cute little kid." Ezra's eyes widen, as he stares at the Mandalorian. 

"Really?" 

She nods. Ezra soon looks deep in thought. 

"So, that means that they would have 'done it'  not long before Kanan's death. But there was no time at all for them to have done it between the time they kissed, and when he died... So it happened before their first kiss... But that seems strange doing it befo-'

Sabine feels quite uncomfortable hearing Ezra's thoughts on how Kanan got Hera pregnant. "Maybe that wasn't their first  kiss." She interrupts.

Ezra looks at Sabine and shrugs. "That would make sense."

Surprisingly He doesn't say much after that. Sabine assumes he would continue with an 'UNLESS' and go on with awkward theories. But he keeps the rest of his thoughts on the matter just discussed, in his head. 

Sabine slips slightly lower down on the bed. Leaving Ezra at the head of the mattress, taking up most of the room. 

"So," Ezra sighs out, "We're just not going to discuss the thing that happened a few hours ago?' He asks lifting his arms up behind his head. 

Sabine knits her eyebrows in confusion. "What? The slap? You should have seen it coming, honestly. You're dumb-ass kinda deserved it."

"No. Not the slap." Ezra rolls his eyes and repositions himself on the bed so that his eyes meet Sabine's, faces only inches apart. 

Sabine shuffles up the bed to look at Ezra from a more comfortable angle. "Ah," She moves her gaze away from him and to the roof of the cave. "Right..."

"Sabine" Ezra whines.

She turns her face back to him and shrugs, not quite making eye contact. "don't really want to discuss that." She grumbles. "At least not right now. I'm tired. Goodnight." She wraps herself tighter in the blanket and lies on her side, with her back facing Ezra.

He hesitates before letting out another sigh, "Whatever."

▪◾◼◾▪◾◼◾▪◾◼◾▪◾◼◾▪◾◼◾▪

Ezra awakes first the next morning. He feels the rise and fall of a chest against his own. He quickly recognises that Sabine is laying directly on top of him, with her arms wrapped around his torso. Ezra finds his own arms clinging to her in return. It occurs to him that they would have found themselves in this peculiar position during the night.

Sabine's head lies below Ezra's chin. He can't help but smile slightly and run his fingers gently through her silky, purple hair.

A/N: Yes, I know that she has that haircut, but let's just pretend that she doesn't, and that its like what it is in the majority of season 4.👍👌 soz

Suddenly Sabine jerks back and sits up in Ezra's lap. Ezra feels his heart skip a beat at the sudden shock. Subconsciously, his first reaction is to immediately fake being still asleep. 

She slips away from Ezra, grabs her bag and wanders around to the other section of the cave.

Once she's out of sight, Ezra allows the light to greet his eyes again and sits up in the bed before dropping his head in his hands.

Thanks to those who read this failure (: