III

I awake to the sight of Ahsoka beside me, punching some buttons at the control panel. She seems both calm but irritated. I sit up in my chair, slapping my cheeks a bit to not dose right back off. Ahsoka presumably hasn't noticed my conscious state yet. 

"Morning..." I speak up as I stand and glance over at what she's doing.

Ahsoka turns to me and gives a small smile. "We may have a problem-"

"Of course, we do."

"The hyperdrive has stopped working. We are sitting in dead space."

"Of course..."

"And there is nothing, anywhere for ages."

"Not surprised"

"I have been trying to fix it for hours, but with no luck."

"Can't you just use the force or something?"

"That is not how the force works."

"Oh. Sure. When you have to escape Malachor you can use the force to travel through time and space but when you need to find one blue-haired kid, suddenly that's not how the force works."

She doesn't reply and keeps her eyes fixated on the control panel, ignoring my claim. As she fiddles with the switches, I go walk off to gather my art supplies in order to experiment on an old plain rag which lay on the floor. Once I reach my equipment, the site I am greeted with brings me to facepalm before hesitantly picking up my paints, which had leaked all through the bag containing well-needed things. 

"Oh, the joy." I sigh sarcastically to myself. 

After cleaning out the satchel, I lose the creative spark I had previously and trudge back to Ahsoka.

"How long have we been on the ship?" I question but receive no reply. "Ahsoka?"

"Sabine, come here"

I make my way up to the cockpit, realising another ship is just beside ours. It seems quite old looking, around the same size as the ghost, but taller, in a sort of boxy shape. Then it came closer and locked onto ours, to board, without permission. 

"Who are these people?" I ask, assuming at the moment that Ahsoka would have managed to contact someone to help us out.

"I guess we will find out." She leads me behind a large crate.

We hide behind it, my hand clenched on my blaster pistol. Both of us slightly peaking above the crate, I was not ready to accept my end yet. I hear each breath leave my lips, each one faster than the last. The door suddenly slides open, mist enveloping the doorway blocking any first view of the intruder.

"AH, HELLO my friends!" A booming voice greets as more of an announcement than a welcome. "...well, I'm pretty sure that we are friends...'

'HONDO?' Ahsoka and I cry in unison.