chapter 3 // quidditch

Isabel's POV ————  I SAT BY myself in the Slytherin commons room, watching the fire sparks crackle and go back down

Isabel's POV
————
I SAT BY myself in the Slytherin commons room, watching the fire sparks crackle and go back down. The first week has already been quite stressful, with Umbridge being the new professor and the detention thing. I was supposed to be studying on my Potions work but once again I was distracted by something (the fire in this case).

"Hey Coves." I turned around and saw Draco with the usual smirk on his face. "Hey Malfoy." I replied quietly. "Why are you so down?" He lifted an eyebrow and sat in a chair right next to me. I frowned and looked away from him, confused how he already forgot about what happened. I saw the regret in his eyes as he said "I-I'm sorry Isabel. I forgot." I gave him a quick smile to tell him it was okay and he smiled back at me. He clicked his tongue and stared at the fireplace. "Well, if you're interested you can come watch me beat Harry's arse tomorrow morning at the quidditch game." He said, again with that stupid smirk. Why does he always do that?

"And why are you so confident you're going to 'beat Harry's arse'?" I questioned him, raising my eyebrow like he did to me. "I just- know." He replied, oh so sure. I honestly wish I could be as confident as Draco, not be self-conscious all the damn time and not have so many doubts about myself. But, I was just born this way I guess.

"I'll think about it Malfoy, now leave me alone so I can work." I said teasingly. "Of course your highness!" He replied in a high pitched mocking voice. He walked away to his dorm and didn't look back once.

Draco's POV
————
In only a couple minutes the first quidditch game of this year was going to begin. The anticipation was slowly killing me, but I made sure my outfit was on correctly and I was ready for this game. I looked out the curtain, squinting my eyes trying to find Isabel. All I saw was Pansy frantically waving at me, so I hid behind the curtains in disgust. I shook my head and just accept she wasn't going to be there. "You looking for your girlfriend?" Blaise laughed at me.

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "Which one?"
"Smooth Draco, real smooth. I'm obviously talking about Miss Coves." He stared at me, waiting for an answer of some sort. "We're just friends Blaise, stop turning everything into a relationship." I snapped at him angrily. He blinked his eyes slowly and started laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked, confused. He shook his head and replied with, "You're so in denial Malfoy, just realize it." He walked off away from me and I was still confused as hell.

"Let the quidditch games begin!" I heard someone yell from outside. I put on my charming smirk and slowly walked outside the tent. I saw a ton of faces and heard cheers from everywhere, but I only wanted to see and hear one. I turned around, hoping she was here somewhere and finally saw her face. She was wearing her Slytherin robes and scarf, giving me a huge smile while standing next to her friend Sasha. I waved at her and tried to start focusing.

Focus, win it for her.

Isabel's POV
————
I waved back at him and started cheering so loudly, other students were staring at me. Sasha turned to me slowly and questioned, "So you're in love with him right?"

I laughed about the thought of even being in love with Draco. Being in love with anybody for that matter. It's so overrated, love always breaks someone's heart in the end and it's just not worth it. Trust me, I know what it's like. "No way, he's just a friend to me." I said. She stifled a laugh and said "Whatever you say Izzy." I tried to ignore what Sasha said and focus on the game. The score was currently 2-1, the Gryffindors winning. I didn't know why, but I really wanted Slytherins to win. I never really paid attention to most quidditch games, but this one stood out more than the others.

Draco was chasing after Harry, they were both pretty quick and Draco was only a little bit behind. "Focus Draco!" I yelled out encouragingly. He gave me a quick glance, and I returned a glance that meant "Stop being a lazy ass and try harder for your team!" He gave me an eye roll and tried to go faster on his broom, at least he was trying a little harder.

Draco's fingers were about only an inch away from the Golden Snitch, until Harry snatched it away from him. "Gryffindor wins!" The referee yelled, obnoxiously loud. I slumped back in my seat and gave a disappointed look at Sasha. "Another win for Slytherin!" She laughed sarcastically. "Whatever, lets go meet up with Malfoy and Zabini." I replied.

We finally got into the Slytherin's common room and Sasha said she was going to take a quick nap. "Alright Sash, I'll wake you up for dinner." I assured her. She nodded and walked off as I turned my head to the loud chatter behind me.

"Good move, Malfoy."
"Great way to make us all lose, again!"

Everybody gave Draco angry glares and shoved into his shoulder as they walked off. I couldn't help but feel bad, as he just stood there looking disappointed. "Hey Malfoy." I said, leaning on the wall. "If you're here just to criticize me about my quidditch skills, you can just piss off." He mumbled, sitting down and staring at the fireplace like I usually did. "Don't beat yourself up about it, it's just a game. Who cares honestly?" I tried to make him feel better. "I care about it Coves! Just leave me alone, for Merlin's sake." He snapped angrily. I slightly jumped at how mad he got. He could be a little bitter and tense sometimes, but he was never like this.

"Fine! Whenever you need help again, I'll make sure not to be there." I spat at him. I practically stomped my way back to the dorm just frustrated at him. Why was he so mad about a simple game? It's not like he killed someone! I wondered to myself, why did I care about him so much to always check on him to see if he's okay? That damn Malfoy gets me so riled up. I shook my head trying to get it off my mind. He's not worth it obviously, after what happened.

another chapterrrr woops
i think i'll probably post a chapter every two days or so, but idk
just to lyk i don't edit these chapters, i simply just write whatever is on my mind without worrying if i used the wrong grammar or smth. but feel free to correct me on anything i did wrong, idc lmao
see y'all later hoes 💗💗
- via <3