chapter 12 // a promise i'll never break

no gifs for a while :( school is taking too much of my time smh

Isabel's POV
————
  ALL I COULD see was a big, bright light shining directly in my face. I covered my eyes with hand, hoping I wouldn't get blinded. "Miss Isabel, are you feeling any better?" Madam Pomfrey asked me, gently taking my hand. "Y-yeah I'm fine," I stuttered. "Can I go back to class?" She shook her head no, almost violently and replied, "No, you're still very shocked obviously. You're going to need some rest, and anyways you have some visitors too!"

  I looked over to the side of Madam Pomfrey and saw Harry, Hermione, and Ron. "Hello Izzy!" Hermione exclaimed in a cheery voice, embracing me into a tight hug. "Can't we say hello too 'mione?" Ron scoffed, embracing me into a hug as well. "How are you feeling Isabel?" Harry asked, fidgeting with the end of his robe. "I'm doing well, can someone get me out of this bed?" I groaned exhaustedly. "Not too fast!" Draco's voice shouted from behind them. He came running to my bed, pushing all of them out of the way and gripping onto my hand tightly. Hermione rolled her eyes. "I think it's time for us to go now."

  I waved them goodbye then looked back at Draco who was staring at me affectionately. "I'm sorry I made you faint." He laughed awkwardly, still holding onto my hand. "It's alright," I replied with a smile. "I just wasn't in the right headspace for, that." He let go of my hand, then brushed my hair softly with his fingers. "I'm sorry I made you rush though, I completely understand if you don't, uh, well don't want to be with me." He said. I felt instantly guilty hearing the heartbreak in his voice.

  "I want to be with you, I'm sure about that," I replied, which made him smile with great joy. "I'm just afraid of getting hurt again." I bit the inside of my cheek, waiting nervously for his answer. "I'll never hurt you Isabel! I'll always take care of you no matter what." He smiled even brighter, making me giggle and blush.

  "Do.." I stopped for a second. "Do you promise?" 

  "Yes, I promise. And it's a promise I will never break." He answered, with pure honesty in his voice. I gave him the lightest kiss on the lips, leaving him surprised and blushing as usual. "Come on," Draco looked around the room for Madam Pomfrey. "I think we can go now."

  I laughed excitedly, slipping on my shoes next to my bed and rushing off into hallways with him, as happy as I could be. But, as usual, I started having second thoughts. What if I just made a horrible decision? What if I get my heart broken again?  I thought to myself, becoming self conscious and insecure all over again. "Are you okay? You look a little bit pale." Draco asked jokingly. "Yeah, of course I'm fine!" I forced myself to smile at him, a faint hint of a lie in my voice. He just shrugged his shoulders and moved on, talking about Umbridge or something.

  I just hoped the rest of the school year was as happy as this day.

i'm so sorry this chapter is so short, i've been stressing over grades and homework and i'm literally a mess. but i promise next chapter will be 2,000+ words :)