chapter 9 // expelliarmus

Isabel's POV————I TOOK A sip of butterbeer, listening intently to Ron's and Hermione's argument

Isabel's POV
————
I TOOK A sip of butterbeer, listening intently to Ron's and Hermione's argument. "I just simply don't understand why you hate Crookshanks!" Hermione stated furiously. Ron rolled his eyes and slammed his cup down on the table. "The nasty creature ruined my clothes!" He exclaimed angrily. Hermione let out a 'hmph' and continued sipping her drink. I put away my book slowly and started cleaning my mouth with a napkin. "You know guys, let's just not stress over this." I laughed nervously, hoping they wouldn't get mad at me.

"You know, I thought you would be on my side." Hermione frowned. I opened my mouth in shock and replied quietly, "Sorry 'mione."

Ron stood up from his chair and grabbed his textbooks. "I gotta go back to my dorm," He looked behind him towards the door, "by the way Isabel, Draco is with his little buddies staring at you." Ron and Hermione walked off leaving me there all by myself. Once I looked back at Draco, he instantly turned around and continued talking to his friends.

  Stop Isabel, Draco does not care for you. I thought to myself, sighing tiredly. I walked out of the door, just wanting this long day to end.
————
  I was walking with Sasha to the first D.A meeting and to be honest I was very excited and so was Sasha. Apparently, Neville found the perfect place for us to have our meetings, which was the Room of Requirement. I have heard about it before from my parents but I have never found it. Sasha and I were trying to sneakily walk in the hallways, walking very quietly and quickly. We were almost there until I heard a loud voice call from behind me.

  "Where are you going Coves?" I turned around quickly panicking, then noticed it was Draco. Could this day literally get any worse?

  "We're just taking a stroll through the school." Sasha stated, folding her arms. I could tell Draco was suspicious, because he rose an eyebrow and stared at both of us weirdly. "Alright, go on with your day." He sighed in defeat. I grinned evilly, but tried to hide it of course, so he couldn't figure out what we were doing.

  Once he was out of our sight, we rushed to the Room of Requirement and practically barged in the room.

  "You're late." Hermione frowned slightly, holding her wand against her chest. "Sorry," I winced, surprised, "Draco kept asking us where we were going." She rolled her eyes, then ushered us into the room.

  It was actually fantastic, there were bookshelves with books about DADA everywhere, there was plenty of room for duels, and a lot of learning spaces. Harry was teaching everyone about the spell expelliarmus, which I've already mastered but it's always good to review spells. Sasha struggled with it, but soon enough she took my wand out of my hand successfully. "I did it! I did it!" She shouted gleefully, running over to Fred. I couldn't help but smile gratefully, for this wonderful experience Harry was giving us.

  I noticed Marcus in the corner, trying to do the spell. "Need help?" I asked, walking over to him. He groaned annoyedly and threw his wand onto the ground. "I can't do this spell. I don't know why!" He blurted out. Tears were creeping out of his eyes, oh no.

  Marcus has had a rough time the past few days, with Fred being with Sasha and everything. I've tried to comfort him, but he just doesn't seem to stop having breakdowns. I feel for him though. "Hey Marcus, it's going to be fine, just keep trying okay?" I assured him, rubbing his back. He smiled at me in return and replied, "Thanks Isabel, you're a great friend." I gave him a bear hug, which he always appreciates.

  We did a few more duels together, and eventually he got the hang of it. "Thanks Coves!" He high-fived me and I high-fived him back.

  "It's time to wrap up guys," Harry exclaimed, "we all made great progress. Next meeting is coming soon!" Everyone started to talk excitedly, rushing out of the room quickly to get back to their dorms. Marcus waved to me as he walked out, leaving me with the Golden Trio and Sasha. "Well, that was nice wasn't it?" Ron laughed softly. We all nodded our head in response, "It sure was."
————
  I laid in my bed, not being able to fall asleep. It was getting really late, but my eyelids would not shut. I wasn't tired at all, and I felt like running or going outside. I put on my robe over my pajamas, quickly put on some slippers and headed out of my dorm. I noticed Draco asleep on the couch, snoring extremely loud which almost made me laugh. For some reason, I just stood there, watching him sleep. It made me feel calm, or relaxed. I decided not to go out in the end, because Umbridge was probably still lurking around the corner for students who were breaking curfew.

  I laid back in my bed, closed my eyes tightly and just hoped for a good nights rest.

hey guys! i am so sorry i haven't updated in such a long time! school is literally a pain in the ass and it's very stressful. this chapter is fairly short, and again i'm sorry about that. i feel like i'm not giving you guys enough chapters:( anyways i am trying to update more, i am not giving up on this book! ily guys! bye
- via 🥰🙈