chapter 4

It was 9 pm by the time he handed over the duty to his colleague ,Harsha and reached the hostel.It was a common hostel shared by the male as well as female Post graduates. As soon as he reached his room ,he messaged Rupa.

Sweetheart, I'm sorry for hurting you today morning. Please forgive me.

As soon as she saw his message,she smiled to herself and gave him a call.

"Rupa, I'm starving ,shall we go out and have dinner? He pleaded. 

She was quiet for a moment and then agreed.

 " But on one condition, please don't keep yawning throughout." Rupa said with a smile in her voice.

"Err.. I shall try not to ,but I may fall asleep on your shoulders. Or give me a reason to stay  awake. Please don't wear any lipstick today ," he told in a husky voice.

They hadn't gone out for dinner even once during the last month, so they had a lot of things to catch up with. Rupa ordered chicken biriyani for Abhiram and tandoori roti with methi chaman for herself. Then they talked about their thesis work, duties, different cases in their respective departments and what not.

"Ritika is posted to the ER from tomorrow, so I will have good company for the next couple of weeks." Abhiram told and then looked into her eyes. She was glaring at him. He could sense the pang of jealousy that was written all over her face .

 "From what I heard, this batch is really sincere , so my work will be easier".He continued without paying heed to her dangerous silence.

"Why are you upset?" Abhiram asked Rupa though he knew exactly why she was angry. Rupa didn't like him talking to any girl,not just Ritika.And the fact that Ritika was his family friend didn't go down well with Rupa.She somehow felt threatened.

"I don't think I like Ritika much." Rupa scowled.

Abhiram gave her a knowing smile.

"That's not surprising. Girls are possessive and jealous by nature." Abhiram gave a shrug.

"I'm not jealous of her.She doesn't even fit into my league Abhi. Even if she starves for a week ,she won't get my figure." Rupa snarled and took  a sip of the soft drink she was having.

Abhiram cringed at Rupa's words. Ritika was pretty in her own way.She wasn't the quintessential zero size beauty that Rupa was but more like the girl next door.

"Rupa, she is my friend but she doesn't even talk properly to me these days, despite the fact that we have known each other for so long and that my mom is her mom's best friend.She probably realised that you don't like her much and hence keeping her distance. Look Rupa ,I cannot avoid her. And most importantly she is a very sensible and sweet girl. And definitely not at all like the hot headed , possessive girl that you are." Abhiram stopped talking when Rupa held his neck with both her hands as if she was going to throttle him.

 "OK OK stop it.You know I like it when you become green with jealousy." He started to laugh out aloud.

"You both may not talk much, but she is very comfortable around you. She calls you by name when other interns address you as "Sir". Why can't she call you Sir atleast in front of everyone? I'm going to tell her". Rupa clearly was not in a mood to give up her argument.

Abhiram lost his patience a little bit . He was now getting irritated.

"She calls me by my name coz  we have been friends from childhood.How can you expect her to suddenly call me sir?Sounds absurd to my own ears." Abhiram grimaced.

"Whatever". Rupa rolled her eyes.

"Look Rupa, I'm a man of old school ideas. I'm a one woman -man if that's what you are worried about". He then settled the bill with the waiter and drank the remaining fruit juice they had ordered.

"I'm a bit orthodox but I don't mind kissing those soft lips of yours".He leaned over to her and whispered into her ears.

                             ***********************

hey ! hello friends. uploaded two chapers in quick succession. hope u enjoy reading them

pls do comment and vote. pls do let me know ur views.thank you