STARK AI

It took him several attempts before he could put his suit on without freaking out.

It took him a while for him to stop crying and process what was going on.

He didn't want this.

Yet he knew deep down he did.
~~~
Ever since the war, peter hadn't put his suit on. It hung in his closet, alone and unloved, very similar to how peter felt.

He couldn't bear to bring his eyes up to the last thing his father figure had made him, afraid of the memories that could painfully come back to him. The suffocating, the tears and the unbearable pain.

But he knew that one day Spider-Man had to come back, no matter how much it hurt. The people were going to need him one day and it's better to stop holding it off.

However when peter put his mask on for the first time in months he cried when his AI Karen, was no longer there, but she was replaced with a soft and gentle, "Hey kid"

He remembers clawing at his mask, desperately tying to tear it off, aware of the sudden panic attack that was bound to hit any second now, like waves crashing against a wall. His breath caught in his chest, suffocating him and building up pressure- the mask was off. He could breathe again. Then he realised he'd have to put the mask back on one day and face the reality of the situation.

So here he was, perched on his bed in a small ball, wrapped tightly with blankets, with his mask on. His hands were at his sides, trying to restrain himself from ripping it off once again.

"Hello?"

There was silence.

"Hey kid, it's been a while huh?"

Peter wanted to curl up even smaller and cry.

Cry and scream until his throat was dry and hoarse.

Cry until his breathing was getting worse and he knew he'd have to stop.

Cry until he was asleep, So it could be over sooner.

Yet he couldn't.

It was silent for a moment until tony spoke up, "come on Underoos, are we going to fight crime or sleep in?" He could already see Tony's mischievous smirk, but then his heart ached with a dull throbbing pain as he remembered he'd never see it again in person, because Tony Stark was dead.

And nothing was bringing him back.
~~~
After a few weeks of getting use to Tony being in his suit he called up pepper and showed her.

When she took the mask with her to the room next door he didn't question it, he could hear her sobs. Painful, chest racking sobs, not the light halfhearted ones but the ones that showed all the pain, everything that had been bottled up and stored away for another day. To simply be forgotten.

It broke his heart, but also gave him and ms. Stark some sort of closure. And that was enough.
~~~

This is honestly so short because I don't even know what to write at the moment like wow. Okay. Anyways byee x