Coming to terms with the truth

Summary: "let me see you one more time and reach out to the stars and fly"

Warning: endgame spoilers, suicidal references, self harm, explosive behaviour

Also contains spideypool, wade is about 20, there's no author note at the end, but just sit back and enjoy the story guys.

Word count: 5195

~~~~~~ 1 month after endgame~~~~~~

His soft curls swayed softly in the wind, the gentle breeze hitting his skin as the dark sky loomed over him. His chest rose evenly as his brown, doe eyes looked upon the city he was sworn to protect as he hugged his knees closer to his chest. He hadn't been protecting the city. He was taking a break.

It had been almost a month since what the public had dubbed as the 'endgame' and people were still trying to piece their lives back together and get back into normal routines. However a large majority of people were still out of work, other people were homeless and crime rates were up, as it was what many people were resorting to.

Natasha always said, 'crime never rests, not for anyone or anything'  and she was right. Hero's were out, still mourning close family and the death of Tony Stark. Nothing was right in the world, yet people were taking this as a chance to cause havoc and do as they please.

After all no one was stopping them.

The young boy, after a few minutes of sitting on the rooftop, visibly relaxed as the stars in the sky became visible to the eye.

This was his favourite part of patrol or just the evening in general. Getting to see the stars.

When his uncle Ben was still alive, they would always spend every Friday evening on the roof of the appartement, using a telescope and looking at stars, seeing who could name the most. Peter would always win, of course, but aside from that the two boys just enjoyed each other's company, taking in every moment they had together.

However when Ben died, the telescope was buried deep into the back of the closet, hidden away with other things that peter had stuffed in there as a child. May would always tell him to hide what he didn't like and lock it away in the closet. So he did just that.

These days the teen never got the chance to gaze at the stars anymore, he was always busy with school and patrol, never giving himself time to take in the small things and admire them. So when he did sit down at times like these, he did wish he hadn't hidden his telescope away.

But when his gaze fell from the sky and lingered on the painting of his past mentor he couldn't help it as his breath caught in his throat and his hands ran through his hair.

Turning sharply away from the painting, he secured his web shooters on his wrists with a click and swung towards the new compound.

His new home.

~~~~~~2 months after endgame~~~~~~

Peter, he was tired, a lot. He wanted to stay in bed longer in the mornings and spend less time out on patrol and try and skip team meetings. He wanted to hide away from the world, hold his legs close to his chest and not do anything. He wanted tony to be there to help him but he wasn't, and he didn't know how to process that.

The teen always felt a pit in his stomach nowadays, no matter what he did to try and fill the void, nothing would help. He tried reading, tinkering and even countless pots of coffee. Nothing helped.

He would wake up everyday and look in the mirror, dark bags under his eyes, his hair a constant mess and his arms a bright red from where he was continuously scratching.