Ch.1 October

-Your pov

October was one of the best months in the school year. There were many days off, but Halloween was my favorite. It was the only day that I could go outside without getting hammered. I was a group's favorite and only freak to pick on. Three of them were into destroying my things and breaking me down verbally. The other two, the leaders of the click,  preferred physical. They never struck my face. Teachers would find out if they see any bruises. No one knows about it. Not even my friends. I intend on keeping it that way. I don't want to think about what they will do to me if I turn them in. Halloween is my only salvation. People naturally get a different costume every year. I always keep mine a secret so that Cole and the others can't find me. I blend in with all of the people in the streets. As long as I limit my words, I'm safe.

Halloween is today and trick or treating is only hours away, but it seemed like it was taking its sweet time. My costume continues to stare at me day and night. My desperation grows with every day. Cole and his group follow me everywhere I go. I know that they are trying to discover my Halloween identity. As long as my friends don't mention it in public I should manage. Halloween break will be here soon. I open my locker to find most of my notes shredded. I could hear their laughter from the end of the hallway.

"Happy Halloween Y/n you freak. Enjoy your trick or treats." Hank shouted before Cole started walking faster. Hank is just as bad as Cole maybe worse. I wasn't in the mood to deal with them in the hall. I grabbed what I needed before making a dash to my classroom. I'm safe for now.

School was finally over for the day. It was now time to seek sanctuary in my house. It's a relatively long walk. Kind of makes it difficult to avoid Cole and his group. Especially Hank. He seems to prefer going after me as I make my way home. I'm alone making me easy prey. There is no one nearby to help. I am pretty much defenseless. There is little chance of me running away successfully.

"Hey Y/n! Where are you going?!" Hank shouted before I heard him jogging up to me. I increased my pace.

"You know where Hank. You follow me after school practically every weekday." I replied getting ready to, for once, defend myself. I don't know how much longer I can deal with all the crap I get from Cole and his friends. It's the same every time. Same hits. Same place. Same time. I would give my life away for a chance to get back at them. Now is my chance. The odds are not in my favor by any means, but it's worth a try. I hope that I can at least outrun him. Somewhat doubt it.

"We know what's going on Y/n. You can't run from us." He added before making an attempt to grab my hair. I dodged and threw a punch at his face before making a run for it. I should have hit him lower because the pain I gave him only ticked him off more. The distance I had away from him disappeared in seconds. The next thing I knew, I was in a headlock.

"Are you deaf Y/n? You can't run from us." Hank said before punching my stomach. My breath hitched for a moment.

"No matter how many times you try, we will find you one way or another. That candy girl costume you have in your room won't hide you this year." He said as he continued punching me. I tried to free myself but more air left my lungs with each strike. I can't get myself to fight back. My strength is slowly being drained.

"We'll finish what we started Y/n." Hank added before releasing me. I collapsed onto the rough pavement gasping for air. I could hear him laughing as I caught my breath. I wished that I had something to take him down.

"See you tonight." He finished as he walked away. I struggled a little trying to get back up. Hank. Cole. They know. How did they find out? I always have my curtains closed to hide my costume. Perhaps Cole and his group overheard my friends talking about it. It's the only explanation. If I go out tonight, they'll be waiting for me.

-??? pov

"You're crazy Masky. Going into the city for a killing spree? There are people everywhere. If we get caught red-handed, we're fucked." I said before puting my hood up. There weren't a lot of people wandering in the woods the last few weeks. I found it boring wandering aimlessly trying to find a victim, but it's too risky to cross the border of the woods. Unfamiliar ground, people out in the streets. They don't mix well with killers like us.

"I-It's Hallow-ween. Everyone in th-the city w-ill b-be dressed up. Have y-you seen the cos-tumes people w-wear? We will bl-end I-in perfectly. No one will sus-pect a thing a-as long as we st-strike in the alleys where there a-are no witne-sses." Toby added. I wanted to say another reason why it's a bad idea, but I couldn't think of one. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"We stay in the neighborhood closest to the forest." I stated before grabbing my gun and knife. Masky and Toby smiled before we stepped outside and made our way to the border. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't looking forward to at least one kill in the city. Make things a little more interesting.