Ch.5 Favors and Donations

-Your pov

Cole and his group are still hanging out by the school. His girlfriend was one of the worst when it came to messing with my locker. Eggs, dirt, notes, she's done almost everything I can think of. They appeared to be distracted so I should take advantage of this time and get home. At first it was a run, but I was sure that I lost them so I decided to just walk the rest of the way. It felt nice to not have to constantly look behind. To not worry about getting bruises. Yet, there was a feeling of being watched. A different kind of watched. I grew a little cautious with my surroundings. In the corner of my eye, a shadow moved among the trees. I stopped and looked around, but saw nothing. I readjusted my backpack and continued walking trying to ignore the paranoid feeling. 

"Leaving so soon, Y/n?" Cole said as he stepped in front of me. He must have come from another sidewalk intersecting with mine. I couldn't get myself to move for a moment. I can't run past him or run down the sidewalk he came from. The only option was running across the street and into the forest. I know Hoodie doesn't want me to, but there's no option. I shifted from one side tricking him before running across the street. My hopes were so high. I was so close, I just wasn't fast enough. I felt him grab my backpack and pull me back. My bag slipped off while my head landed on the grass. I heard him unzip my bag and started dumping my stuff on the pavement. Notes and cards flew off into the woods. But that's not what concerned me. I got up and tried to pull my bag out of his hands. I tugged and he pulled harder until it slipped out of my hands making me fall back down. My grandmother's crystal necklace fell onto the grass by his feet. 

"Very pretty necklace." He said as he picked it up and admired it before looking down at me. 

"Did you know that it's my girl's birthday? I've been looking for the perfect gift for hours. I think I just found it." He added. It pissed me off. I immediately got up and grabbed his wrist trying to pry his fingers open. When that didn't work, I punched him in the face. I thought he would let go of my necklace, instead I got a knee to my stomach. I immediately curled up from the pain before he pushed me to the side. 

"Do you want me to beat you some more?" He asked furiously as he wiped the blood flowing down his nose. It was satisfying to see the damage I did to his face, but I didn't want to get battered more. 

"Then I suggest that you stay there and don't move." He finished before walking away. He was a few feet away from me when he looked back with a smirk on his face. 

"Thanks for your donation." He said sinisterly before walking towards his girlfriend's house. I slowly got up trying to endure the pain before I grabbed my bag and picked up my books. My notes are cards are long gone. I just wanted to go home. The walk was difficult, but I have to keep it quiet. I put a smile on my face when I walked through the door. I didn't feel like eating so I simply told my parents that I ate at a friend's house. They believed me and thought that I was going to my room to do homework. The exact opposite really. I just cried and screamed into the pillow until I fell asleep. 

There was a slight tap on my window waking me up. I don't know what time it is, but it was pretty dark out. I heard the tap on my window again, but I just ignored it. I shut my eyes only for them to open again from the sound of multiple taps on the window. I looked to see that they were small pebbles. Someone's trying to get my attention. They have it. I grabbed a flashlight and snuck outside to the fence. 

"Who is it? I'm trying to sleep." I whispered. 

"Who else would it be? I wanted to stop by. Found some things of yours." Hoodie whispered back before holding a stack of notes over the fence. I reached up and grabbed them.

"And I thought you might want this back." He added before holding the necklace out. My spirits rose at the sight of it, but so did my curiosity. 

"How did you get this?" I asked. He was quiet for a second. 

"I didn't ask her nicely if that answers your question. But it's also one less person you have to deal with." He replied. 

"How did you know what happened? Were you following me? Why are you helping-" I asked before Hoodie interrupted with a long sigh. 

"So.   Many.    Questions.      Look Y/n I need to go before they start wondering where I am. I'll answer them. Just not here or now." He said before slipping a piece of paper through the gap between the fence panels. I took it before I heard him running back into the woods. I shined my light on the note to read it. 

"Go to the bottom of the hill where the trees are after school. I'll be by the birch. Meet me there and I'll tell you anything you want to know." I whispered to myself.    Another question came to mind.            Who's they?