Ch.10 A While Longer

-Your pov

I don't know what time or day it is. I don't know how long I have been held here. I've asked Hoodie for at least more light but he assures me that it's for my own safety that I stay in the dark and quiet. He says that I won't be here for much longer. He'd see me four times a day to bring me food and talk. I enjoyed his company, but I still felt bored and missed home. I finished lunch and was waiting for Hoodie to come down. I flinched a little when I heard the door unlock and open. I was a little surprised to see Masky instead of Hoodie.

"I had a feeling that you were getting bored so I thought that we could do some crafts or something." He said shyly. I smiled at his offer and nodded my head before he walked in the room. He sat down on the floor before I joined him.

"I have paint, cutouts, and masks. I didn't have time to get paper." He said while pulling things out of the bag.

"Which one would you like to do?" He asked before I picked one out. He smiled and grabbed one for himself. It was quiet for a while as we painted. Both of us completely focused on the intricate details on our masks. Well, Masky's wasn't as detailed as mine. He was just making a duplicate of his original. We quickly froze at the sound of Slenderman's footsteps above us. I tried to stay as calm as possible. I relaxed as soon as his footsteps faded away.

"Why does Slenderman never come down here?" I asked to break the silence. Masky simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Never found any use in it. None of us do. Well, except Hoodie right now." He replied while chuckling a little. He finished his mask and set his brush down.

"Hoodie is loyal as hell. Him going behind Slenderman's back and keeping you, a supposed to be victim, alive is unheard of for a guy like him. I don't know what the hell you did, but you got him as an ally. Him, Toby, and myself." He said before smiling behind his mask. I sighed as I finished painting my mask.

"I just killed a guy that bullied me in front of him that Halloween night." I replied before setting my brush down and started drying the paint. I struggled to hold back my laughter as Masky took off his mask to try on his replica. They looked exactly the same.

"Ah yes. The kill that apparently was really good. If you met us under better circumstances, Slenderman would invite you to join our little family of psychopaths." He said before putting his original mask back on. His words surprised me.

"He would?" I asked with a little more excitement than what was intended. Masky looked over at the door before looking back at me.

"Probably." He replied. I looked down at my mask to see the paint almost dry. I carefully picked it up and put it on before looking at a mirror in the corner. The f/c lace pattern fit evenly and the mask made my eyes more vivid. I was rather pleased with it. I looked over at Masky to see him staring at the mask. His shoulder shivered slightly.

"I'll be honest Y/n, there's something in your eyes that would send chills down a victim's spine. I think that's what draws Hoodie to you."

-Hoodie pov

"Do you have to go?" Y/n asked as my hand rested on the handle. I sighed and looked back at her.

"Slenderman will be back soon. I can't give him any reason to be suspicious." I replied before she sat down on the bed. I bit my lip before walking back to her.

"I don't want to leave you down here Y/n, but he can't find you." I replied while sitting next to her.

"Please stay. Just a while longer?" She whispered.

"Ok." I replied. She smiled slightly before resting her head on my shoulder. Without a second thought, I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. We didn't talk. Mostly because she was slowly falling asleep. I grew tense from the sound of Slenderman walking above us. I could hear Masky talking to him in an attempt to distract him. I carefully set her sleeping form down on the bed before leaving the room. I looked over at Masky to see him leaning against a wall. He took a deep breath before looking at me.

"Hoodie, you've been keeping her hidden from Slenderman for days. We can't keep covering for you for much longer." He whispered. I rolled my eyes before going upstairs towards my room.

"Slenderman will find out if she stays for too long. You can't keep pushing this back." He added as he followed me. I was about to walk into my room before he grabbed my shoulder making me turn and face him.

"Hoodie she has to go. You can't hide her from Slenderman forever." He finished. He's right. I can only keep her here for so long before my luck runs out. It's not fair to keep her down there. But I won't be able to see her again when I get her home. I'm nowhere near ready for that.

"I know she doesn't belong in our world. I just don't know how to get her back without him finding her. Ripping her apart. I I just need more time to figure this out." I replied.

"Hoodie, you don't want her to go don't you." He stated. I gritted my teeth a little from his words.

"I didn't say that." I said with a rather tense tone. I could feel my temper disappearing fast.

"You're thinking it."

"For fuck sake Masky, will you get off my back?! This shit doesn't concern you!  I'm not shit." I couldn't hold it back any longer and slammed my fist against the doorframe while I cried. I pulled my drenched slip off before I rested my head against the door. He's right. I don't want her to go.

"I'll never be able to speak to her. She'll never see me again. The thought of it. It hurts too much. And what if I fail getting her back home? He'll water the dirt with her blood. He'll make me watch. Make me hear her cries. A-and there'll be nothing I can do to stop it."