Four

MEDIA :

MEDIA :

Sebastian banner made by me (lol)

Four

I stared at my mate incredulously. Please don't tell me my mate was not only 'heartless' but a bit messed up in the head as well!

"You mean to tell me," I paused to look at him seriously, slightly baffled by his statement. "-you don't have a beating organ that's pumping blood in your body right now?"

I didn't believe him. It sounded too unreal and simply; unbelievable.

Right?

"Yes."

"When people say you're heartless," I started off slowly. "They don't mean it literally, you know." I walked over to him slowly.

He looked at me in confusion.

"I'm pretty sure that if I just put my ears right here," I placed my ears at where his heart should be.

I heard nothing.

I pulled back, surprised and tried again. And again. And again. But there was still nothing. "What?"

"I. Don't. Have. A. Heart." he enunciated each word carefully to help me fully comprehend what he was trying to say. "And yes, that means a beating organ that pumps blood, in my body."

My eyes widened and I must have looked so stupid standing there with my mouth hanging open.

"When people say that I'm heartless, they don't know that that is true, in the utmost literal sense." he said it as if it was some kind of inside joke of his. It probably was, anyway.

"But.. how?" How was it possible that he was still alive and still kicking like any other normal human being?

Sure, we weren't exactly humans, but you know what I mean.

"All would be answered later," he smiled. "Now let me bring you to meet a dear friend of mine."

My brain struggled to process the information he had told me. Darius grabbed my hand again and pulled me along with him as if he didn't just tell me that he didn't have a heart.

"Does everyone know?" I quickened my pace to catch up with him.

"By everyone you mean everyone in my pack, then yes." he looked down at me before looking straight ahead again. We were at the woods, I realised. He carefully steered me around an old tree which had thick roots begging to trip someone (me).

We stopped in front of a clearing. I looked at him, confused. "Does that friend of yours stay here? Cause I can't see anything."

"Patience, mate."