Nine

Nine

        I was disappointed that Hadleigh and Tristan ruined the mood; frustrated even. But what was I to do? I kept avoiding Darius' piercing gaze as I continued talking to my siblings. I don't think I can even look at him without blushing after we were that close to kissing.

"How are you? I was so worried!" Hadleigh fussed over me.

I laughed. "I'm okay." I patted her hand.

"But you had, like, so many holes on your chest!" Tristan exclaimed. His eyes were bright as he said so, as if he hadn't seen anything like that in his life. It was probably true anyway.

"See?" I unbuttoned the first few buttons of the hospital gown to show him the pink scars that were now dotted on my chest. "They're gone," I looked down. "-slightly." I added. The scars were never going to be gone.

"I'm just glad that you're okay." Hadleigh smiled as she held my hand in her smaller one.

"Of course."

Darius suddenly got up, his chair screeching against the floor. "I've got some things to discuss with Franco." he told me, his eyes sent me a message that said, I'll tell you about it later.

He kissed the top of my head, making me blush before saying goodbye to my siblings and I. I sighed in content as he closed the door behind him.

I really liked this side of him.

"So..." Hadleigh smirked. "Looks like someone's getting cosy with her mate."

I blushed. "We're mates."

"Finally." she crossed her arms. "I was about to think that I'd never become an aunt until this doofus over here," she pointed towards Tristan who shouted in protest. "-gets a mate and have babies."

"I think it's bound to happen anyways," I mused thoughtfully, earning curious gazes from my siblings which made me blush and duck my head slightly. "He is the Alpha and I'm going to bear pups for him to continue his legacy one day." I explained.

(A/N : All I'm saying is that between the two of them, only Darius currently has a legacy to continue considering the fact that Hazlynn has not discovered her full potential as... 'herself' so please no more sexist comments, I beg you.)

"Yeah." Hadleigh dragged out the word in exaggeration. "But the both of you are doing it willingly now," she wiggled her eyebrows while Tristan stifled a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and suddenly remembered the dream I had. "Oh, I had a dream about mum and dad!"

Hadleigh quickly sat down on the edge of the bed while Tristan's head shot up and his eyes brightened. "How are they?" Hadleigh asked.