One Year Until The Wedding

"This is so beautiful. Just imagine, Ria."

Oh, Maria can definitely see it. The two of them in front of the sea, holding hands, smiling at each other and swearing to love each other for eternity.

"And Ramona would be standing right next us as we're getting married."

"She'd probably drop the flowers."

"I probably would." Ramona says while looking around.

Carol giggles as she takes Maria's hand and kisses it. The way her beautiful brown eyes sparkle in the sun makes Maria's heart literally skip a beat.

She's so beautiful.

"So, is this where the two of you will get married?"

Maria and Carol look at the woman who's smile hides the desperate need to rent this place.

"What do you think?"

"I think you two should think about this carefully."

Maria rolls her eyes and turns to look at her mother. She looks around for a few more seconds and then her attention lands on the woman with glasses.

"What if it rains?"

"There is no need to worry. We have a tent that covers the entire area. If you want we can put it up even if there is no chance of rain."

"Then we'd get married in a tent, on the beach."

Maria looked into Carol's eyes, wondering if that scenario bothered her.

"That would be so cute."

All the women turned to Ramona who was looking into the distant horizon, where the sky met the sea.

"I agree. It would be cute."

Carol caressed Maria's arm, who was visibly worried. The beautiful blonde smiled at Maria and kissed her cheek.

"And after, we could go swimming!" shouted Ramona excited.

"I don't know what to say, girls."

Maria rolls her eyes one more time and turned to her mother.

"Mom, it's fine. They have a tent in case it rains, Ramona knows how to swim and to be honest, I love it."

Maria turned to Carol who was awkwardly rubbing her arm. It's always been like this with her mother. It's been years since Maria came out, but her mother kept acting as if she was loving a man, which - obviously - made Carol feel not welcomed.

"What do you think?"

Carol looked at Maria's mom, knowing what she wanted her to say. As she gets ready to say they should keep looking, her eyes shift to Maria.

This is the place she wants to see Maria in white. This is the exact spot she wants both of them to become Rambeau-Danvers.

"This is it. We're getting married on the beach, babe."