Five Months Until The Wedding

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a truck?"

Carol places a soft kiss in Maria's forehead and places the bucket next to the bed.

"Thank God Ramona is with her dad. You know how she gets when I'm sick."

"Ugh, I hate simpathy pain."

"Geez, thanks babe."

"Alright, I'll be home in a few hours. I already called your mom and she's coming to make you something to eat."

"Did ya' really have to call her?"

"Yes, now stop complaining."

Maria rolls her eyes and folds her arms. Carol kisses her forehead once again and puts the  blanket over her legs.

"Can I get a proper kiss, since you made my mom come?"

"First of all, you know she loves you no matter what and you gotta stop thinking it's gonna blow up in your face. And second, you puked like five minutes ago. I ain't kissing you like that."

Maria pouts like a little kid and turns on the TV. It's still set on Disney from the other night when they watched Lemonade Mouth with Ramona for the millionth time.

"Damn, I wish I could stay home and watch Hannah Montana re-runs."

"You can." said Maria, moving more to the left side of the bed and wiggling her eyebrows at Carol.

"I can't. My case is going to court today."

"Are you sure you still want to call those bands? I could do it while you focus on your case."

"No, it's fine. You're sick and you deserve to take a break from all this stress."

"Then why'd you call my mom?" says Maria under her breath.

"Jesus Christ, you're like a six year old."

"Just go to work, already."

Carol rolls her eyes one more time, then kisses Maria' s forehead and heads out, but not before yelling a sweet "I love you!" to her sick soon-to-be-wife.

"Love you back!"