Chapter 5

A few weeks later, Ayana was standing on platform 9 staring at the brick wall ahead of her. That was her only obstacle to get to Hogwarts.

When she asked her parents if she could go, they instantly said yes, and basically disowned her. She stood there now, wondering if she had made the right choice. Well there was certainly no going back now so Ayana readjusted her grip on the trolley and raced through the wall.

She found herself on another platform and climbed aboard the train. She entered an empty compartment and placed her bags on the rack.

A few minutes later a tall, tanned girl with green eyes stumbled into the compartment.

"Do you mind if I sit here please? Everywhere else is full." the girl asked.

"Oh, sure!" said Ayana, "I'm Ayana, by the way."

"Natalie," the girl replied.

For the rest of the train journey Natalie and Ayana talked and laughed until they could no more. They were as close friends as friends who had known each other since nursery.

"What blood type are you?" Natalie asked."I'm pure blood."

"I'm muggleborn." Ayana replied.

"Cool." said Natalie.

"What house do you think you'll be in?" asked Ayana.

"I think that I'll be in Slytherin, since my sister is." replied Natalie. "How about you?"

"I don't know." Ayana replied honestly. "I'm gonna wing it." She said and both the girls laughed.