Ch. 12 ✿ Chaptstick

Y/N suddenly blinked her eyes open to see Seokjin staring down at her confused as she puckered her lips and made kissy noises in the air, still lying on his lap. Wait- Did I just imagine kissing him?! Realizing what was actually happening, she stopped making her noises and bolted up straight. She jumped to sit beside him, completely flustered.

"Oh, you're awake! Wow, you must have really tired yourself out." Y/N's face began to burn, not daring to make eye contact.

"D-did I actually fall asleep?" Seokjin blinked at her suddenly-mature voice. He smiled at the surprise since he hadn't seen her big often.

"Yeah, you ran around the apartment and then collapsed on me. You slept like a baby."

He giggled at his own pun, unaware of how fast Y/N's heart was racing. Why did it have to feel so real?! I can't even look at him without--

"Do your lips hurt? You kept messing with them in your sleep. I can get you some chapstick if you'd like."

Y/N gasped quietly. The fact that he was watching her as she was imagining kissing him was beyond embarrassing. Thankfully he seemed clueless as to what she was actually dreaming about. She sighed, agreeing with herself that it was best to not let herself be visibly uncomfortable.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you though~" She gave a smile for his generosity which he gladly returned.

"Well, thankfully you didn't sleep too long. We still have about two hours before you have to go home." Seokjin lifted himself from the couch, groaning as he stretched. "Now if you'll excuse me, I've had to go to the bathroom for an hour now."

Y/N giggled and nodded, waving her hand at him to shoo him away. She crossed her legs as he walked around the couch.

"I have to admit, you're adorable when you sleep. You're quite the sleep-talker."

Y/N's eyes practically popped out of her head as she swung her body around to look at him. She clenched onto a pillow and looked at him in pure panic as he casually walked over towards the bathroom door.

"W-what did I say?"

Seokjin simply winked at her, smirking, with his hand already on the doorknob. Her face flushed red. Just a wink was enough for her to understand that she had embarrassed herself beyond repair. Seokjin laughed as he watched her hide her face behind the pillow.

"I'm just kidding." He giggled mischievously.

"What?"

"Well, you were sleep talking- but I couldn't understand anything you said." A smile stretched across his face. Apparently, he was enjoying torturing her.

"Thank goodness." Y/N sighed and clutched her chest. 

"You're so adorable, look at you get all shy. Your reaction is really making me want to know what you were dreaming about."

Y/N shook her head, definitely not confessing anytime soon. He raised his eyebrows as if he had just remembered something brilliant. Before closing the bathroom door, he pointed at the television screen in front of her.

"Oh, I left something on for you that I thought you'd like."

The door clicked shut and Y/N turned around to see what was on the television. There was a cartoon on that she had never seen before. She gasped loudly and as she watched a beautiful unicorn was running through a moonlit field. She slid off the couch and crawled up to over to Strawberry to bring with her to sit criss-cross in front of the screen. Her shoulders rose and her eyes widened as the cartoon filled her entire body with that familiar, childish wonder that she loved to feel.

Meanwhile, Seokjin was washing his hands in the bathroom sink. He could hear her gasp at the movie he had put on for her. He turned off the faucet so he could hear her muffled giggles through the closed door.

"Strawberry, look! She's helping the flowers grow!"

The sound of Y/N's little voice echoing past the door made Seokjin's cheeks began to hurt from the smile that took over his entire face. There was something so heartwarming and comfortable about hearing her giggle at cartoons in his living room. Something about it felt so special yet so natural at the same time. His chest swelled as he inhaled, making sure to permanently engrain this perfect moment into his memory. Throwing his head back, he giggled through his sigh and opened the door.

Y/N twisted around, immediately smiling when she saw him. She pointed at the screen and bounced excitedly.

"Jinnie, look! She's saving all the wilty brown flowers!"

He couldn't help but laugh at how close she was to the television- her nose was nearly touching the screen as she clung onto Strawberry.

"Is she really?!" He asked through the last bits of his laughter as he sat on the couch behind her. "How did she do that?"

This question was obviously a good one because Y/N jumped to her feet and spread her arms out, her excitement too great to notice she had just flung Strawberry across the room. She put her hands on her forehead, apparently acting out the scene for Seokjin in order to explain the science of the unicorn's powers.

"She got her powers in her horn and fwooshed them all together and then-!!!" She jumped up, throwing her arms in the air with a powerful sound effect. "WHOOSH!!! All of the flowers are SAVED!!!"

Seokjin gasped and held his chest enthusiastically.

"Wow! That's incredible! You know so much about unicorn magic!"

Y/N nodded matter-of-factly before skipping over to Seokjin. After she picked Strawberry back up, he held his arms out for her. She happily curled into his arms and snuggled beside him.

"Let's watch more, Y/N. I need to see this magic for myself~"