Ch. 19 ✿ The Mall

RING. RING. RING.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Sorry for having to call, I forgot to confirm how long Y/N will be out of work for? Her doctor didn't pick up his phone so I needed to make sure everyone's work schedule is still--"

"She's out of work?"

"Oh, do I have the wrong number? I just dialed the number I had on file."

"No, you have the right number. This is her father. I wasn't aware that she was sick. Y/N left for work this morning, she should have gotten off the bus a few minutes ago."

"Oh, so you're her father! What a pleasure. Anyway, her doctor just called yesterday explaining that she needed to take sick day again."

"Again? Meaning she's done this before?"

"Yes, this is the third time. Oh, there she is. She's in the parking lot with Seokjin. From what I can see she looks fine. Hyper as always. She must be feeling better."

"Who is Seokjin?"

"Ah, that's my best employee. He's the night shift janitor. I'm surprised you didn't know who he was. You and Y/N must not be close, hm?"

"Who is he to her?"

"Oh, they're in love for sure. Once he and Y/N started dating she's been doing better work, actually. He's a good influence. I'm pretty proud of those two. I stopped being so rough with her once she got that motivation and... uh..."

Dating..? Y/N's boss trailed off, getting distracted and going silent for a moment. On the other end of the phone call, an impatient rage began to build up. How dare she run off with some man without asking him first?! He thought she had been working this whole time. Not only she was lying, but she was sneaking out with some man.

"Wait... She's getting in his car."

"Oh, is she now?" her father growled.

His eyes grew dark. She's just like her mother.

"Yeah, she's getting back in the car with him. And to think I was just complimenting his good influence. Oh, am I going to have a talk with hi--"

"Follow them."

"...What? Sorry, but there's no way I'm stalking my employees. I realize that you're worried but I have a business to r--"

"How does three thousand dollars sound?"

"...Excuse me?"

"I'll double it if you get me his address."

. . .

"Hmm, now I know she'd love the pink one," Seokjin mumbled to himself as he inspected the pair of dresses he held in his hands. "But the yellow would look so nice on her too..."

Seokjin focused, looking back and forth at the two frilled dresses, trying to decide on which one to get. He squinted his eyes, holding them far from him as he leaned back for a better view. After thinking not too hard, he gave in and threw them both in the cart along with the other hard decisions he had given up on making.

Lately, Seokjin had noticed that her clothes didn't match her personality, but only recently learned that she was just never given the chance to pick them out herself. For now, he claimed the responsibility of her wardrobe as his own. Thankfully, there was an adorable little Japanese store in the mall that was filled with pastel colors and lace. He knew how much she'd appreciate some of the pretty things they had in there.