Ch. 13 ✿ Hide and Seek

"Hmm, could she be... UNDER HERE?!"

Seokjin threw the tablecloth up from the breakfast table. Bending down to peek underneath, he was quickly disappointed. He could've sworn he heard her rummaging through the kitchen.

"Oh."

Giggles echoed from the other side of the apartment. Seokjin stood up straight, looking around for the source. Smiling with a dramatic gasp, he tried not to laugh himself. He heard another, much smaller gasp coming from his bedroom. He squinted his eyes as he stalked his way towards the door. Hide and seek was way more fun than he expected. He was almost too embarrassed to admit how much he was enjoying this.

Creaking the door open a little more, he heard another tiny gasp muffled by what he could assume to be the little one's hand. His eyes traced the perimeter of his bedroom slowly, looking for any trace of her. Suddenly, the sheets hanging from his bed suddenly started to move. A smile crept across his face when he saw Y/N's little fingers poking from under the bedframe.

"I think I know where you're hidiiiing~" Seokjin sung through his curved lips as he stepped further into the room.

Under the sheets, little Y/N was fighting to keep in her giggles. Seokjin was taking so long, that she knew she must be the best hider in the world! Laying on her belly, she pulled the very edge of the sheets up to peek at Jinnie. His white socks stepped dangerously close to the bed and her heart pounded. Her eyes widened in excitement and fear, only half-hoping he wouldn't find her.

She watched as Seokjin walked away from her, slowly stepping towards the other side of the room. Suddenly, he swung open the doors to the closet. Y/N gasped and tucked herself further under the bed, barely leaving an inch behind the sheet to spy on him.

"Ahh, she's not in here either." He shook his head and pressed his fingers against his forehead. "She's so good at this game."

Y/N smiled and tucked her head into her shoulders, proud of herself for hiding so well. Her cheeks burned as she listened to his feet pat against the hardwood floors. But then the sound disappeared. Slightly disappointed, Y/N assumed that he must have just left the room. Wondering if he left the room or not, she slowly peeked her head out from the sheets once again. There was no sign of him anywhere! Carefully, she crawled out a little bit more, since she wanted to make absolutely sure he wasn't there anymore. Her heart pounded at her own actions, knowing she was taking a risk at being seen. Still, she couldn't see him!

Since her hiding skills were obviously far beyond Jinnie's finding abilities, she knew the only way he would ever find her was if she found somewhere else to hide. Slowly she pulled herself completely out from under the bed. Still on her hands an knees, her eyes landed on the master bathroom. The door was close to her, so she began crawling as softly as possible. But suddenly she heard a sound coming from the bed behind her.

"I CAUGHT YOU!!!"

Y/N jumped around, falling back on her butt to see that Jinnie was on top of the bed the whole time! With a mixture of high pitched squeals and giggles, the little girl scrambled to her feet to run out into the living room. That plan quickly failed. She was barely able to run a single step towards the door before she was trapped in a tight hug from behind.

"YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME!"

"NOOO!!!"

Y/N kicked and wiggled, but he was too strong to escape. Seokjin was laughing too, having so much fun with with the giggling mess that he had secured underneath his arms. He bent his legs to hook his arms around her hips, and with a stretch and tilt of his body, she was lifted off her feet.

"I've got you now, you sneaky little girl!"

"Noooo no no no! Lemme down! I gotta go hide!" Y/N began laughing hysterically as she kicked her legs in the air and flailed her body from side to side.

"I already caught you, baby! You can't-" Seokjin grunted, and stumbled as Y/N's kicking grew wilder. "Woah woah stop kicking! You'll make me fall!"

Seokjin tried his best to keep a steady grip on her, but it wasn't long before he lost his balance. Along with their endless laughter, the pair went toppling back onto the bed. Y/N started scrambling back up to escape but Seokjin collected her until her arms were locked under his and she quickly gave in. Being given the chance of being wrapped in his arms was far too comfortable to run away from.

After a few gentle pushes and shoves, Y/N finally stopped flailing and the pair's laughter softened. With a smiling sigh, Seokjin pushed himself up to sit in the middle of his bed, giving himself a better view of how cutely Y/N was sprawled across his pillows. She blinked at him and her lips squished into a big smile, the simple sight of him making her happy and excited again. She bounced up to sit on her knees.

"Jinnie I wanna play hide and seek moooooore!"

"Me too, sweetheart, But we have to get you home soon."

"Awwwwww..." she puffed her bottom lip at him. "I didn't get to find you yet."

"Oh don't be so sad," Seokjin's eyebrows creased, pulling a hair behind her ear. If he was being honest with himself, he knew he didn't want to stop either. "We can play again next time."

"Can I find you just one time? Pretty pretty please!"

Seokjin pulled his wrist up, checking his watch for the time. The little girl watched him, her eyes wide, as she inched towards him, begging like a puppy. He sighed and smiled softly, giving in.

"Just one more round! Then we go home, okay?"

"YAY!!!!" Y/N clapped and bounced on her knees. "I'll be very very fast, I promise! I will--"

With a tiny gasp, she remembered something important. Seokjin looked at her confused as he watched her crawl towards the end of the bed. Her little legs stretched across the width of his sheets as she reached down towards the floor. Seokjin let out a single, airy laugh- as if he should've known that's what she was doing.

"Strawberry wants to play too~" She squeezed her eyes shut as she gave Strawberry a nice squishy hug.

"Of course," Seokjin laughed.

With Strawberry still in her hand, Y/N made her way back over to Jinnie, quietly crawling onto his lap. She wrapped her arms and legs around him, giving him his squishy hug too. He wrapped his arms around her, returning her lovely embrace. He laughed softly and, after enjoying his hug, he tapped her leg to have her let go.

"Let's start counting now, okay?"

He put his hands on her waist and turned her around on his lap.

"Okay, Jinnie~" Y/N hummed a short tune as she rotated in his lap until her back was facing him. Seokjin watched and laughed at how, apparently, that action required theme music.

"Okay, now close your eyes like this." Seokjin gently covered his hands over her eyes for her. "Can you count to 30 for me?"

"Mhmm," Y/N nodded and began counting. "One, two, three, four..."

Seokjin stretched his neck around to watch her focusing on her numbers. His heart grew warm at her pure innocence. He wanted so badly to place a gentle kiss on her cheek. Not once had he found a girl quite so adorable. He didn't notice how he'd been staring until her counting slowly trailed off.

"...Um, Jinnie?"

"Yes, princess?" He cooed, still partly in his daydreaming state.

"How are you gonna hide if you're touching my eyes?"

"Oh-" Snapping out of his daydreams, he mentally slapped himself in the face. He let go of her and laughed nervously. "Wow, you're right." Gently pulling her off his lap, he placed her beside him and scooted off the bed. "Sorry, baby. Count one more time and I'll go hide this time."

He held on to her hands and pulled them to her face, guiding her to cover her eyes again like before. Y/N giggled and shifted in her seat happily.

"Silly Jinnie~"