Run Peter Run!

Peter felt like he could finally be happy. Everyone had gone to bed, and he was able to be out on patrol as Spiderman. He swung through the city, wishing he could take off his mask and feel the wind going through his hair. This was still really nice though, watching the scenery fly by. It was getting late, and he knew he should start heading back, but he just didn't want to. So he kept swinging around Queens, letting his mind wander. His spider-sense snapped him out of it, as he almost got hit by a sedative arrow. Peter groaned and turned to a nearby building where Hawkeye was stationed.

"Come on! I was finally relaxing and you just have to ruin it!"

He grabbed the shield that came flying at his chest and webbed it to the ground, still groaning about how he didn't want to do this tonight.

"We don't want to do this either spider-boy! Just tell us your identity and all this fighting can stop!"

"Not happening old man! My identity is secret for a reason!"

The red and gold suit landed next to him, clearly not very excited to be here other. Peter started swinging away, but Falcon swooped down and grabbed him. He struggled against the man, flipping himself over and sticking a web in the guy's eyes. He swerved and weakened his grip, giving Peter an escape route. He lept away and webbed across town, listening to the Avengers search for him.

"Where did he go?!"

"I can't believe he got away again!"

"Fury is going to be so pissed!"

Peter snickered and webbed back to the orphan, as the sun had started rising already. He went into the window silently, carefully not to wake any of the other boys. He changed out of his suit and went to shower before anyone else woke. He changed into a hoodie and sweatpants for school and sat on his bed thinking until he had to leave. He didn't get any breakfast, as the orphanage leader said he couldn't waste food on a kid who would never get adopted. She was probably right, getting adopted at the age of 15 was nearly impossible especially when you've been in the system since you were 6. He really had no chance of ever finding a family, so he didn't have any hope of ever finding any.