Chapter 6: About Elliot, Tyler and Grandma

"You're smashing my car!"

"It's a race!"

"Smash the other cars!"

"You're blocking my way!"

Ash opened his eyes slowly. He's fallen asleep on the couch after they had lunch. His shirt was rolled up and his leg was on the top of the couch.

He quickly sat up and fixed his clothes. "Must be the wine..."

"Dad is up! Turn on the volume!" Elliot gestured to the remote. Tyler grabbed it and turned on the volume of the TV.

Ash looked at the TV screen. The two were playing some racing game again.

"You were snoring." Ryan was sitting on the single sofa seat with his legs on the seat handle.

"It's really the wine, then..." Ash rubbed his face. He looked at the clock on the wall. It was four in the afternoon. He was supposed to be in the wine store.

"Stop touching my car!" Tyler snapped.

"It's a race! You snooze, you lose!" Elliot snapped back.

Ryan turned to look at the screen. "Looks like a pretty pathetic race."

Ash got up and was going to head to his bedroom to finish his nap when he realized it may or may not be the right time to talk about his moving plans to the boys. No one was around.

He went back to the couch and sat down. "Hey, who wants to play some baseball?"

"Not me." The three boys spoke at the same time.

"Okay." Ash had no shape for baseball anyway. He put his feet on the table. "Who wants to move to Viridian city?"

"Baseball!" Ryan suddenly laughed. "In French, it sounds like baise! Baiser! That's having sex! Oh wow!"

"Are we moving to Viridian city?" Elliot turned around, completely forgetting about the race. His car crashed into a wall, making Tyler laugh in a diabolic manner.

"If you want." Ash nodded.

"Baiseball..." Ryan was typing on his phone, grinning.

"I won!" Tyler celebrated. He's never won in a video game before.

"But if we move to Viridian city, Millie will come to our house all the time." Elliot looked disgusted. "She's a pain in the butt!"

"I hate Millie!" Tyler shouted.

"For your information, girls don't have the flu," Ryan spoke to his little brother. "They have very gorgeous round thin-"

"Ryan, no." Ash warned. "He's seven."

"Millie is so annoying!" Tyler groaned. He kept stomping his foot on the ground. "I don't want to live near her!"

"What about Nanny?" Elliot approached Ash. He put his hands on the table. "Is she staying here or moving as well?"

"Let's play baiseball..." Ryan was snickering to himself and typing on his phone.

Tyler screamed, "I hate Millie!"

"Actually..." Ash wasn't sure how to react to this scene. His kids were crazy. "We're going to be living there without your grandparents and nanny."

"Oh." Elliot opened his eyes. "In Viridian city?"

"Are you for real?" Ryan looked up. "That's so cool!"

Ash looked at Tyler who was getting his tears ready. "And Millie won't be near us."

"When are we packing?" Elliot asked. "When are we leaving?"

Overall, the two last boys didn't take the news badly. Ash wasn't sure if Millie lived away from that building or not, but the girl was going to hang out at their house anyway, and Tyler had no luck.

"Well, let's say it's better if we get there a little before school starts."

"Am I the last one to know about your plans, Ash?"

Ash got up and turned around. Delia was standing against the kitchen door. It looked like she's been there the whole time.

"Do not speak. This is an adult conversation." Ash warned his children before turned around again and telling his mother, "No, of course not. You were going to be the first to know about this plan."

"Okay."

"Mom." Ash rushed toward her. He grabbed her hand. "Mom, let's talk."

"No, Ash. I don't want to talk to you." Delia pulled her hand away. "You're brainwashed! I can't talk to you! You wouldn't care about what I have to say!"

The three boys looked quite surprised.

"Mom, please, the kids." Ash grabbed his mother by the hand again. "Let's talk in the bedroom. You got it all wrong."

"No, Ash. No." Delia walked away. "I've got nothing to tell you! I want to talk to her once she's here. I'm going to set this woman to woman."

"What? Mom! You're overreacting!" Ash chuckled. "It's nothing of that!"

"No! No!" Delia locked herself in her bedroom and kept yelling, "She's finally put her evil plan into action! She was just waiting for the right moment—thing is, she always wanted to leave!"

"That evil plan is mine!" Ash shouted. He sighed heavily.

He turned toward the living room. Ryan, Tyler and Elliot were just staring.

Ash cleared his throat.

"Let's start packing."