Chapter 7: Contigo

Misty was walking when she felt her phone vibrate inside her purse. She stopped walking and answered the call. "Ash?"

Where are you?

"I'm, uh, still at school." Misty was speaking in a low voice. "Why?"

Okay, things happened—look, Mist, you really need to get home and now. I think I screwed.

"What?" Misty blinked. "What happened? Are the kids okay?"

No, they're fine—it's me—look, are you coming? I can't stop drinking and eating crackers.

Misty sighed. "Ash, please, I'm busy. Put that bottle away and take the boys out for baseball."

Oh please don't say baseball! That's like baise! Bye.

"What—Ash? Ash?" Misty gasped after Ash ended the call. "What's wrong with this man?"

She sighed and walked toward the table she and Leaf were at. The two were in a coffee shop in a mall near the school Misty's teaches at.

"Who was that?" Leaf asked after she sipped her coffee.

"It's Ash." Misty sat down.

"I swear to God, we never get time for ourselves!" Leaf complained. "Now what? He broke a vase like last time and wants you to buy a similar one?"

"No, but he's drinking and eating crackers." Misty put her purse on the table. "I told him I was at school and I feel guilty."

"I told Gary I was going to the gynecologist." Leaf shrugged. "I don't feel guilty."

Misty chuckled. "Did you leave him alone with the boys?"

"I know!" Leaf laughed. "He's doomed!"

"I couldn't agree more." Misty nodded. Leaf and Gary have three sons who don't have a very good reputation, behavior wise.If they ever end up in the same room as Ryan, Elliot and Tyler, it's the war. They have already ended up in the emergency room on Halloween when they were younger.

"You tell me Tyler and Elliot fight—they're angels compared to mine!" Leaf narrowed her eyes. "Mine have no limits! They just run and fight and jump on people!"

"I guess I'm better off." Misty leaned back on her chair.

"But they're growing up." Leaf pouted. "They no longer jump on Gary's mom when she's sleeping."

Misty giggled. Tyler used to do that too. "Does Kevin still want to enroll in a boarding school?"

"Between us, I think he just wants to leave town."

"Like some people." Misty looked down at her coffee cup. "Who can't bring themselves to say it."

"Pallet men are just big babies." Leaf took a sip of the coffee. "Babies that never grow up."

"Ash is so scared of telling his parents he wants to move." Misty picked up her coffee cup. "He's like a sixteen years old boy!"

"Okay, maybe it's not as easy as you think it is, Misty." Leaf shook her head. "It's not like when guys in the city move out at eighteen. Actually, nobody moves anywhere in Pallet."

"I know, but he's forty! Come on."

"We're speaking about Delia Ketchum here, honey." Leaf let a chuckle. "This is the woman who popped your birth control pills in the toilet."

Misty started laughing. "Ash said she just wanted me to try for a girl after Tyler."

"I will never understand why she did that!" Leaf exclaimed. "Why?"