Chapter II

Hello and Welcome to another Adventure! 

How are you beautiful people doing today? Having fun? Not so much? 

For the second time today I woke up with Thundering footsteps and shouting men. I blinked the sleep away from my eyes as I did so I could hear a soft knock on the door. After three knocks Haze entered the room looking like Death himself not that I have seen Death. His hair was messy, his eyes were pale blue instead of his normal Oceanic Blue and they were puffy, his beautiful sun-kissed skin was now a lighter shade. I was about to ask him if he was okay when he opened his mouth and said in a weak voice "We have arrived at-," he suddenly fell to the wooden ground with a loud thud that echoed through the wooden floor beneath my feet.

I rushed to his side and checked if he was breathing, once I did that. I calmed myself down a little and checked his heartbeat which was normal. I looked at him once again and found him to be sleeping. A small smile tugged at my lips. I got up and tried to carry the 90-kilogram old man to the small leather couch. Thank Jones for the couch being right there. Once I placed him on it, I got my blue cloth and covered him with it. I looked at his face again to make sure everything was fine and left the Cabin with a small grin on my face.

As I walked across the ship, I noticed that it was night and judging by the stars it was only a few hours before sunrise. I can't believe I slept for that long and Haze didn't wake me. The ship was quiet with only the sounds of the soft water splashing against the keel and the blowing wind. I kept walking across the deck, quietly so no one would wake up.

I reached the edge of the ship. I leaned on it and placed my hands in front of me. I let the wind blow through my short hair and thought about what I will do once I am in the cave. A few minutes later I could feel a fluffy creature climb me and nuzzle my check. I smiled, lifted it from my shoulder and placed it on the rim. "There you are, you little troublemaker" I whispered and scratched under its chin. Once it was satisfied it looked at me with a tilted head. I sighed and looked ahead at the water that glittered with the moonlight.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and looked at the creature that was resting in front of me. Grinning I decided that it was time to move. I slowly went back in the room, being careful not to make a sound while picking up a torch, a map,  little pieces of bread, and clothing. I went to pick up my lucky charm when Haze began to stir which made my ragging heart speed up, even more, feeling my hands become sweaty while frozen in fear of being discovered. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like years, just standing there waiting for him to fall asleep. With a soft rhythm of snoring. My heart began to slow down and I wasn't paralyzed with anxiety and anticipation. Letting a sigh of relief, I picked up the lucky charm and placed it around my neck, it was cold against my warm skin which made me relax. Leaving the room, I walked across the deck and left the ship by going down the wooden makeshift ladder.

Taking a deep breath, closing my eyes. I opened them again, taking one last look at the Red Reaper. I began to walk across the beach. With each step I took, I could feel my feet getting heavier, not sure from the sand of the anxiety I was feeling that was tying my stomach in knots. The sound of the ocean waves and the soft blowing wind made me feel more confident that this was the right choice and the right path. On this night I could feel something was about to change and that change would be big. Something magical and strange, at the thought of magic the hairs on my body began to stand up. Feeling my leather boots fill with sand, I took them off and placed them in the cloth bag that had my essential things that I will need on this adventurous night.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please keep in mind they have been edited but by me personally and my grammar isn't the best in the world. I will heir an editor later once the chapters have been all published.

Any advice on how to improve the story is greatly appreciated.

Please comment, vote and share your opinion⭐