Chapter XIV

Hello everyone! How are today on this fine morning? 

Feeling something icy cold being splashed at me. I jerked up and looked left and right trying to find the danger. The first thing I notice is Lilac standing in front of me with some sort of wooden bucket. Next, I realized that my bones are purple and I feel lighter. A feeling of confusion, alarm, and fear come over me and I looked at Lilac.

"Rowan, just relax. The color is from the potion remember," she spoke in a soft voice as if I was a scared animal.

At that thought, I remembered the potion I drank and began to slowly calm down through deep whiffs of air but then it hit me. She didn't tell me it will be this painful and that made me mad her so I glared at her like a little child.

"I wanted to tell you, but I thought maybe if I did you wouldn't want to drink it anymore and just tried to swim and you would have died" she explained while her eyes were filled with sadness and worry. I guess she did have a point, but still at the lest I would know what I am getting myself into. Sighing I began to be less angry at her.

"Okay," I replied. Walking slowly to the crystal lake, looking at my reflection on the clear shining water. My fiery hair was a mess, I still look like a skeleton but now I am a purple one. At the lest clothes are covering some parts up. Taking a deep breath I went over the plan. Find crystal. Avoid Kraken. Take crystal. Swim back. Sounds fairly easy but then again since when does anything goes to plan. At that thought, a small smirk came on my mouth. Looking at the dark starry night above my head while taking a long inspiration of air as I thought of haze.

I leaped into the lake. The water was cold but as the minutes went by it began to go warmer. I kept sinking deeper and deeper in the water. It was dark and the only light could be seen was the faint glow of the moon from above. Finally reaching the bottom. I took the moment to feel and admire the scene. It was simply magical. There was something so nostalgic about being in the deep sea it almost made me want to tear up. I wish Haze was her to see this, he would be so happy and excited trying to see everything.

I don't know how long I was simply standing there in the cold rough sand looking at the lake. I decided to was time to go back to the mission. I took my first step and found that I can walk. I didn't know where I was going so I was simply exploring. There were a couple of times where a small school of fish would swim right past me as their scales shimmered with the light of the moon. They would look at me checking what this weird creature is. There was a small one that came and swam right next to my check as if saying hello and it went back with its friend.

Continuing walking I glimpsed a light purple shimmer, very similar to one of the crystals. I decided it was time to swim but as I was getting closer I noticed there were no more fish. There weren't any sea plants. Suddenly the sea became quiet, too quiet and that is never a good sign.

Without turning around, I went back slowly and that's when I saw there is something there. Something big, that's when it opened its eyes and looked at me directly. It was none other than the Kraken. I stiffened frozen, I could feel my heartbeat beat to picking up. I gulped. From all the lore that I have read, they all said that Krakens are blind so as long as I move very slowly I can move away from it.

I tried to calm my raging heart and moved very carefully away from the mystic beast. It still hasn't noticed me. It moved one of its tentacles and I could see the crystal it was right in the Krakens' cave. Great, I thought. Finally reaching safety I sat on the floor of the lake to calm down. I needed to work on a new plan. I laid on the cold sand letting my short fiery hair sway in the ocean current. Taking a deep breath I puffed some air out which created some small bubbles that slowly floated to the surface. I watched as they did, reflecting with the soft light from the rising sun.