Chapter IX

Hello beautiful people! Hope you are having a fun day so far!

So many thoughts roamed my head that for the past hour I have re-read the same sentence a gazillion times. "Arrr!" I screamed in frustration and slammed the book on my desk with a loud thud. I ran my bony fingers through my hair up and down and tugged at the ends. Letting a puff of hair. I stood up from my chair and sat on the damp floor. Picking up my journal I began to write.  

Dear Log, a lot of things happened this past week that I don't even know how to explain them. I don't even know where to begin. So many things are running around my head.

I left the journal from my hands and laid my back on the cool floor while looking at the ceiling that echoed with faint footsteps. Taking deep breaths a memory flashed through my eyes. 

Walking through windy storms as the sand blocked my eyes. The feeling of the hot sun on my skin as small drops of sweat rolled down my face. Liking the feeling of thick golden sand sinking in my boots as I continued to drag the large cloth on my back. As excitement thundered through me as I inched closer to my goal. To my destiny. A small smile crept on my lips. Which pushed me through to walk in the scorching heat of the golden desert on a summer day. Searching for that one object that will solve it. Hearing a knock on the door which interrupted my memory. I didn't bother getting up so I replied with an enter.

Haze entered with a sleepy face. His eyes roamed the room searching for me and found me lying on the floor. His left brow shot up but he didn't say anything but his Blue eyes spoke for themselves.

"I just came to say we are hiding in. Goodnight Captin" he said in a sleepy voice and left. Once again I didn't bother replying. But that made me realize that it has already gotten dark. Looking out of the circular-shaped window I saw; it was truly dark. The stars were shining so brightly today due to the new moon.

I got up and stretched my back as I did it cracked. I went to my bookshelves and picked up a blue chart that was made to chart stars and direction. Picking it up I went outside and sat in front of the door. Unrolling the chart and placing two heavy objects on each corner. I began to look at the stars. I observed them for hours. Looking for constellations and shapes. I remember me and Haze used to do this when we were kids.

One would draw the stars on the chart while the other kept looking at them as we told old Pirate tales of Gold and Curses. A small smile appeared on my mouth as remembered our childhood. Whoever thought that this would be the path we will go on. I kind of missed my best friend the one who I would tease. The one who would give me that cheeky smile whenever he saw me. The one with those mesmerizing Azurian eyes. Sighing, I rolled the chart and decided to sleep outside on the cold wooden floor. As my back touched the deck small tremors run through my body from the cold. It amazed me as to how I could still feel things.

I kept remembering things of the past as I stargaze. There was something mysterious about the stars they made untold emotion resurface again. As time ticked by and the sky grew lighter in color my eyes become heavy and tired with sleep. Another day has ended.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please keep in mind they have been edited but by me personally and my grammar isn't the best in the world. I will heir an editor later once the chapters have been all published.

ooo Tea! Rowan is mad at Haze. 

Also,anyone can guess what she was doing in that desert? 

What will happen next? When will they reach the island?

Will Haze and Rowan patch things up? 

Any advice on how to improve the story is greatly appreciated.

Please comment, vote and share your opinion⭐