Chapter V

Hello everybody! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

I began to walk on the hot sand. Which felt weird, I could still feel things and I was lightweight it looked almost as if I am floating instead of walking. I just hope Haze wasn't worried and I don't want him to see me like this. This strange and inhuman being. Just thinking about how he will retract made a small ping in my heart. Isn't that ironic. A skeleton having a heart. I laughed at myself. I wanted to cry but even if I did, tears won't fall. The weight of all of this was finally getting to me after all these years but I don't regret anything.

After walking for miles I finally reached the ship and it was chaos well mostly Haze was chaotic, he was running around like a mad man, yelling and being frantic. While the whole crew just looked at him like it was nothing but one of them just said "Me lad, Calm ye self. The Cap'n be always disappearing".

I smiled at the thought of him being worried. I hide my face well with my  scarf and said "Aye."

They both looked at me in shock but they knew from my voice it was me. I hope they did. Haze just looked at me with a neutral expression but I could tell he was worried. I could see it in his deep blue eyes. The other crew member just had a small grin on his lips but walked away. I coughed and told Haze to follow me and we went to the cabin. I kept my best to keep all my body covered but once we were inside Haze sat on the couch and throw me a bunch of question so fast I could barely understand a word  "Rowan, what's wrong? Why are you covering your face? What happened? What did you sacrifice? God I hope it wasn't something crazy like your soul?" he ran a hand through his hair and looked at me but this time he didn't hide his worry.

"Haze, I... " I just changed the subject by giving him the leather pouch that had the green Crystal in it. He took it from me and place it next to him.

"Rowan," he said my name with a serious look and he glared at me. "Don't change the subject, please. Tell me, talk to me. What happened?" he pleaded.

Hearing his voice crack like he was about to cry which made my heart hurt in ways I couldn't imagine. So I gave in. Who knew I would care about this man this much, me who doesn't care about anything. If I had a heart right now it would be pounding like I was running for my life.

I just gulped and with a shaky hand, I took off the scarf and looked away from Haze. I heard him gasp. I clenched my teeth together. I could feel like I was about to break down. I heard him move and the next thing I knew a pair of warm hands landed on both my cheeks and he turned my head so I could look him the eye.

"God, Rowan. What... what did you do?" he asked in almost a whisper while breaking down. I watched as tears rolled down his eyes. I moved my hand to wipe them away even though my hands were just bones. He held my hand against his cheek and I could see his tears were still rolling down. "Haze, please don't cry for me. This was my choice." I told him, lying at about me having a choice.

"Could you tell me what happened?" he asked in a sore and weak voice. I turned my head away from him. And he turned my head again so I could look at him. I shook my head 'no' and got up and took off some of my clothes that I was wearing before and he looked shocked and asked: "What are you doing?!"

I just gave him a nonchalant look and shrugged "What does it look like I am doing, changing from these wet clothes"

"Okay," he said and turned his head away.  I just looked at him like he was crazy. It isn't like I have anything to hide because I literally don't have anything. I looked at my flat chest. I knew I was flat-chested before but this was on a whole new level.

This will take some time for me to get used to. I sighed and walked to my desk and got the plans and maps for the last crystal. Haze was just stared at me, I felt self-conscious so I touched my hair with my hand. I think he took this fairly well, I thought he would throw a tantrum.

"Haze," I said in a soft voice and got up. I squatted in front of him, took his hands and stated: "I don't regret it and I don't care people looking at me as if I am death himself, I really don't."

"I do Rowan, really. I do understand why you are doing this but at the same time I don't agree with your methods" He said while his voice breaking again shaking his head at me. "I can't sit back and watch you do this to yourself, I just can't. I didn't agree with this." He continued.

"I didn't ask you to watch. I asked you to help me. If you don't like my method you could always leave and find a better life, one that makes you happy" I said. I added the last part so it wouldn't sound like I am abandoning him here, because I did need him. He was the only thing that's keeping me grounded but I also want him to be happy.

He just looked at me with hurt in his eye but also understanding. He gave me a pained smile and responded "I am not going anywhere, Rowan. I swear. I am not leaving until you are dead, buried and finally as peace"

I laughed at what he said and teased: "I am happy as long as I get to finish this path that I have chosen, you scallywag".

Suddenly I was pulled in a hug by him. I stiffened awkwardly and asked "What are you doing?" my voice was muffled because of his shoulder. I swallowed. I always knew he was skinny but now that I am in his arms I can tell, he is actually very muscular. I patted his back so he could let me go. I could tell he was very uncomfortable since I was all bones and he was being very gentle with me. It made my heart warm up. But I could tell that his feelings were that of a deep friendship and maybe a 'like' but it's something I am ignoring.

"I feel better now, Haze. You can let me go." I said, not sure if he heard me or not since my voice was still muffled by his shoulder.

He slowly let me go and went back to his cheeky smile. "Well, I will leave you alone and go tell the crew about ... well, your skeleton problem so they don't get shocked" He said and joked about me being a skeleton. I just rolled my eyes at him which I don't have so he couldn't tell and replied with a 'yeah' and he left. I sighed and went to lay on the couch which was still warm from Haze's body heat. I placed the brown scarf on top of my eyes to shut the light out and for me to just sleep. This whole experience was just exhausting. Sighing once again, I was taken by the darkness of sleep.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please keep in mind they have been edited but by me personally and my grammar isn't the best in the world. I will heir an editor later once the chapters have been all published.

For me this chapter was emotional. To be honest,all Hazes' scenes for me are emotional 😂I guess, I love him too much. 

Do you love him as much as I do? He is the type of person who will do anything for his friends. 

Any advice on how to improve the story is greatly appreciated.

Please comment, vote and share your opinion⭐