\\ • //

°°°°°°°°

Shehryar rubbed his for head in agitation. It was night time, and the weather outside was rough. It was raining cats and dogs, as if the sky was also letting out its frustration. All the important paperwork was scattered across his desk while he had been on a call with his secretary, Imad. They've been discussing the upcoming meeting that was next week with the Chinese consultants.

Since, the weather has been a bit chilly these days as it was the monsoon, he had a bit of cold. His eyes were watering every few seconds and it was causing a headache. Closing his files, he sighed. Today was a rough day, from one meeting to another he'd been busy and now when he was finally home, he still had work pending. He knew that with position comes responsibility and he always fulfils his responsibilities diligently. His mother on the other hand, despised his workaholic tendencies, claiming he was another making of his father.

Getting up from his chair, he walked downstairs towards kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee so that he could get a kick start. Walking inside the splendid kitchen, he started the coffee maker when his mother entered inside with a frown on her face. Every few second she would mumble something along the lines of, "iss larki ka mai kiya karoun! Laparwai ki bhi hadh hoti hai!"

Shehryar looked at her with his own frown, "is everything alright, ammi?" His mother, Darya looked upwards at her son, still mumbling and shaking her head every few seconds. "Tumhari bhen ka kuch nahi hosakta Shehry. Itni baarish horahi hai or wo sahiba, apni saheli kai ghar bethi hain! Phone bhi nahi lagraha hai iska." Shehryar stared at his mother before he grasped her frail shoulders tightly and tilted her head upwards towards him.

"Ammi, she's a big girl and knows her responsibilities. The network must be messed up due to the weather. Don't worry, I'm sure she's fine." He tried to placate his mother as best as he could but she was a mother. Worrying about her kids was something she couldn't control, no matter how old they would be. "Shehry mujhy pareshani rahay gee jabh tak wo ghar nahi ajaati. Please, tum usko Samiya kai ghar sai pick karlo. Mai Shahid bhai ko bol deti magar wo subah sai tumharay baba kai kaam sai kabhi idher tou kabhi udher gaari duratey ghoom rahain hain. Abhi faarigh hoye hain. Acha nahi lagta mai unko disturb karoun."

He gave her a small smile. No matter what, his mother was truly a gem, but then aren't all mothers? At times, she would pester him but that was a part of her nature and he loved every part, every shade of his mother just as much. Hugging her tightly, he bent down to kiss her on the for head, "don't worry ammi jaan, I'll bring her home." Darya Khan looked upwards at her only son with admiration and endless love. She was truly blessed by Allah and she never forgets to praise Him for all that He had bestowed them with.