09

。・゚゚・ 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐩
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬
𝐎𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐬・゚゚・。

__________________________________

Sohees thumb wavered over her phone screen, debating whether to click on the call button or not. Whilst scrolling through her contacts she stumbled upon the number Hoseok gave her to call in case of an emergency. The duo he lived with owed her money, so, naturally, Sohee was thinking about calling the mysterious number, assuming it was a landline phone. Depending on who'd pick up, she'd either ask nicely or yell loudly at the person on the other line.

She was about to press the call button when a knock on the door startled her, resulting in her phone falling out of her hands, landing on the floor.

Sohee let out a frustrated sigh as she turned her head sideways. ''Come in,'' she shouted.

Sohee watched as her mother appeared from behind the door, her hand gripping the doorknob. ''Dinner's ready, you coming to eat?'' she asked.

Sohee nodded as she bent over to pick up her phone, checking it to see if the impact harmed the screen in any way but to her delight she deemed it unscathed. She tucked it into the back pocket of her jeans and followed her mother downstairs and into the kitchen.

Sohee felt her mouth water as the intense smell of her favourite food tickled her nostrils. Her eyes darted to the food placed neatly on the dining table, her lips curved into a wide smile as her suspicions were confirmed. She sat down at the table and hungrily eyed the dak galbi in front of her.

''I knew making you this meal would make you happy, come on, dig in!'' her mother exclaimed as she sat across from her, chopsticks in hand.

''Did I ever tell you just how much I love you?'' Sohee said cheerfully as she buried her chopsticks into the bowl of fried rice.

''You might have said it, once or twice in your life. '' Her mother teased, her smile growing wider as she could enjoy a delicious meal with her daughter.

×

Sohee was just about to literally carry herself up the stairs, rubbing her stuffed stomach that she successfully overfed, but was stopped by her mother blocking her way with a huge trash bag in her hand.

''Before you return to that cave of yours you call your bedroom, you've gotta throw out the trash and dash to the store for some milk for me, my dear.''

''Guess I'll throw myself out too, then,'' Sohee muttered before grabbing the trash bag from her mother's hand and dragging it with her to the front door. Opening it lazily, she silently swore under her breath as she noted the weight of the trash bag being much heavier than usual.

She carelessly threw it into the dumpster, dusting her hands off and grumpily headed to the nearest convenience store.

She stepped foot into the store, the familiar tone signaling that someone had entered the shop ringing in her ears, slightly irritating her. Immediately dashing to the dairy section she grabbed a random carton of milk and headed for the checkout corner.

She waited patiently in line until it was her turn, placing the carton of milk onto the counter she hurriedly looked for any change in her pocket and wanted to repeatedly punch herself in the face as she realised something important. She left her wallet at home.

She shot the cashier an apologetic smile, opening her mouth to explain the situation but didn't get to say a word as a 1000 won bill was placed into her hand. ''I'll pay, '' A males voice said.