Chapter 15

Sophie
We had to go to school today. I groaned, rolling off my bed onto the floor. I landed with a thump, the sudden impact walking me up. I sat up and pulled myself up. I stumbled into the bathroom and into the shower. I stood there for about half an hour. It was so relaxing, standing with the hot water running over you. It was a good time to think. It felt as if the entire world just stopped, and it was just you in your little bubble. Eventually, I did get out. I tied a towel around myself and wandered into my room. And headed straight for my wardrobe. I slipped on my Foxfire uniform and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I ran down the stairs, almost tripping on the way, and made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed some food and walked over to the leapmaster. I'd spent so much time in the shower that if I sat down to eat I'd be late. Just as I was about to leap, a tall figure glittered into shape in front of me. The figure tripped and fell into me, knocking us both to the floor.
Uh, hey?
Fitz's accented voice sounded in my head, and I looked up. Fitz's lay on top of me, muscled arms holding his face just inches from mine. His chocolate brown hair fell down half over his face, and his gorgeous teal eyes gazed into mine. Before I could say anything, we heard a screech.
"OH MY GOODNESS MY EYES!"
Fitz's face flushed a deep red, and he quickly rolled off me. We sat up, and were greeted by Keefe standing with his hands playfully covering his eyes. I stood, and punched him lightly in the arm
"Leapmaster error, Keefe. Get over yourself." I said.
He rolled his eyes, and we all leaped to school.

Fitz, after school
I was heading to the leapmaster when my sister ambushed me. She was dragging Sophie behind her, and had an excited look in her eye.
"FITZ," she screeched. "AREN'T YOU EXCITED?"
I looked at her, confused.
"YOU DIDN'T HEAR? THERE'S GOING TO BE A BALL!"
I sighed, but a small rush of excitement shot through me.
"And you're going shopping with Sophie?" I asked
Biana nodded, jumping up and down slightly.
"Okay, I'll see you then."
All Biana could do was squeal and drag the pretty blonde away. Sophie looked at me, and grimaced slightly. I laughed, blew her a kiss, and headed off.

Sophie
Biana placed a huge pile of dresses in front of me, and shooed me off to the dressing room. Linh had met us at the shop, and had promptly found herself a stack of gowns, proceeding to disappear into the dressing room. Suddenly, Linh appeared wearing a stunning light blue dress. The gown fell gracefully to the floor  and had small white flowers scattered all around it.
"Linh!" I exclaimed. "You look beautiful!"
She blushed slightly
"Thanks," she said. "This is just one option. I think I like the other one better, but I just wanted your opinion."
She disappeared for a few minutes, and came back out in another beautiful dress. This one was midnight blue. It cascaded around her, adorned with silver sparkles. It was like the dress was made for her. She looked at me.
"Thoughts?"
"I think I agree with you. I like this one better as well."
"LINH YOU LOOK AMAZING OH MY GOODNESS PLEASE BUY THIS DRESS."
Biana had arrived, and had reverted to her overexcited, bouncy self.
"I'm going to do it," Linh said, twirling around so we could see the back. "I love it."
Linh went to change, and it was my turn to dress up. The first dress was a light blue, and it clung to me in an  uncomfortable way. The shoulders had some hanging parts, and I felt like a lamp. I really didn't like it, so I changed into the next one. The second dress was much better. It was red velvet, and it had a sparkling silver belt. It was fairly tight, and I wasn't completely sold on it. The next one was a step back again. Although the dark blue gown was beautiful, it didn't seem to sit properly on my body. Feeling kind of defeated, I put on the last gown in the stack. I absolutely loved it. The red dress fit me perfectly. Although it was more low cut than I usually felt comfortable with, I felt beautiful and confident. I walked out of the dressing room ant the same time as Biana. We both stopped in our tracks and screeched at each other. Biana had chosen a pink gown. The top was detailed beautifully, and it billowed into a flowing skirt.
"I LOVE IT," She screamed. "AND I SAW THE MOST GORGEOUS NECKLACE TO GO WITH IT!"
Before I could say anything, Biana picked up the skirt if her dress and ran over to the elaborate display of jewelry. She came back with a pretty deep red necklace. It clasped around my neck and hung down. The whole combination was gorgeous.
After we paid for everything, we headed home and I collapsed into bed