Chapter 16

itz
I lay in the field with Sophie, her smile brighter than the shining stars above us and her laugh more melodic than the trickling stream besides us. We'd run away from the ball. I knew Biana would be mad but laying here with Sophie would beat dancing in the crowded hall any day. Sophie reached over and entwined our hands together. She rolled over to face me and smiled softly.
"Thanks for tonight," she said
I chuckled.
"I should be the one thanking you," I replied.
We shared a small kiss, and she rolled in top of me and buried her face in my neck. We stayed like that for a while, and I savoured the moment. I knew we should be getting home soon, and was about to mention it when I heard an all to familiar voice.
"HELLO LOVEBIRDS!" My sister screamed. "ARE YOU DECENT? CAN I OPEN MY EYES?"
Sophie rolled off me and smoothed get dress before walking over to Biana and giving her a shove.
"Yes, were decent. What do you want?"
Biana let out a sigh and her eyes opened.
"Well you guys have been here for about five hours, so I think it's probably time to come home."
I rolled my eyes, standing and moving to beside Sophie. I felt her hand snake into mine and she pulled me forward as Biana began to leave.
We followed my sister across the open field, savouring the last moments of the evening. I held her close, and as I felt her warmth I realized that this was truely how things were meant to be. I loved her unconditionally and there was nothing anybody could do about it. Before I met her, I'd always been the boy that everyone wanted but who didn't want anyone. I thought it was all just so silly and I couldn't imagine myself in a relationship for a long time. But then I met her. Her sparking brown eyes had been laced with fear when I'd found her, by they'd changed something within me.
"Fitz?"
Sophie's soft voice snapped me out of my daze, and I realized I'd stopped walking.
"Are you alright?"
"I've never been better," I replied. "I was just thinking about how perfect you are and how lucky I am to be with you"
She hugged me, her tiny body making full contact with mine and sending shivers down my spine.
You're amazing, she transmitted, and I would never want anyone else.
The moment was broken by a shout from Biana, and we reluctantly followed her into the night.

A/N- Sorry for the short chapter.
Also hello again, it's been a while.