Chapter 4: Cardin new Prey

Chapter 4: Cardin new prey

Written by: VinylScratch7

The Sound of two students clashing was echoing in the room, miss Glynda goodwitch is doing a exersice on explain on whats Aura, Now you see carding facing a student name Jaune arc and what it looks like, he's now doing so good.

You look at Cardin, who laughs at his opponent's tiredness, and Jaune gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as Cardin's mace sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

"This is the part where you lose" Cardin said

"Over my dead-!" Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and Glynda Goodwitch's voice causes him to stop.

"Cardin, that's enough!" Glynda said while he relents and walks away as she comes onto the stage, tapping her tablet

"Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match" Glynda said while looking towards you and the students.

You looked at the sadden Jaune who couldn't handle cardin in a fight or couldnt even hit the guy, just by looking the guy he resemblances alot like you back in the day. Turning your head you notice his teammates was saddened by this.

"Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?" Glynda said.

"Speak for yourself...." Carding complaints while leaving the stage.

As he leave Glynda looks at where i was sitting and then i notice Team Rwby who is getting excited by this Festival thats coming up, Yang Xiao Long, punching the air in anticipation; Weiss Schnee, shaking her fists with an excited smile; and Ruby Rose, shaking her entire body with enthusiastic energy while squealing softly

Then there you who was holding a laugh while watching this. "Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!" Glynda said.

She looks over towards the tablet and see that theres enough time for another "Okay im going to pick two last students to practice" Yang raised her hand quickly and was excited to get up there and show her skills but apperently Glynda slightly ignore her and continue looking.

"Mister Y/N and Miss Nikos please come up from to the stage." You nodded and gotten up from the chair and went up to the stage while Miss Nicos followed behind.

Now you were facing your opponent who was getting ready to battle and then took a fighting stance "Pleasure to meet you Y/N" Pyrrah Smiles.

"Oh um the pleasure is all mine" You said.

Glynda then notices you with no weapon and grab your attention "Mister Y/N you must use your weapon, a hunter is nothing without his weapon." Glynda scolded.

"Oh right i forgot"