Chapter 5: Cardin

Chapter 5: Cardin

Written By: VinylScratch7

"Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War--" Professor Oobleck writes on his board while the whole class was paying attention, execept Yang who was fast asleep.

" "--humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." Ooblecks continues but he caught you distracted from the class.

""Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!"

"Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?" He looks at you "Mister L/N"

This Caught you by suprise and broke your train of thought. "What, im so sorry?" Half of the class giggles.

"Mister L/N you need to pay attention in the class more, Now Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence"

"I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?"

You raised your hand but also Weiss, Oobleck notices your and Weiss "Yes?" He pointed the two of you.

"The battle at Fort Castle!" You and Weiss said.

"Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?" Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

"Hey!" Jaune said, you notice Cardin behavior.

"Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?" Oobleck said awaiting for his answer.

he looks behind Oobleck's focused face at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives him the answer "Uhh... Binoculars!" you suddenly face palm while the whole class laugh.

"Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!" He said while looking at the deliquent.

"Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier." That striked a nerve by that.

You looked at him and he notice you "You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?" You said while looking at him with you cold ice color eyes.

This was pissing off Cardin just by looking at your threatinig face "You got a Problem!" He said while you still lookinh at him.

"Final Warning Carding, stop being what you are or ill make sure you can go towards a very cold sleep" You let out a very cold aura getting to wake up from the coldness you were releasing.

You look at Oobleck "Is Nightvision sir" you answer while still had your eyes on cardin.

Blake stood up from her chair "General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured." Blake looks at Cardin ""Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure."

"You wants some to Bitch!" That was the last straw, you suddenly through an icecly missing his head. His cheek started to bleed by the scratch

"Okay Enough!" Oobleck scream grabbing the attention to the entire class "Y/N please refrain yourself next time, ill let it slide. As for Cardin and Mister Arc please see me after class, Now Moving on."

An hour pass in the class and in a flick it was already over, you were the last one coming out but without looking back towards Jaune who was depressed now while Cardin was messing with him.

'Cardin always picking on the weak' as seeing Jaune wait for Oobleck you notice Pyrrah behind you.

"Oh Pyrrah i didnt notice you there." You said

Pyrrah smiles "Yeah sorry if i snuck up on you, im just waiting for Jaune."

You sigh "Can i be Honest" You said getting pyrrah to look at you.

"Sure..?"

"He's horrible at everything." You said

Pyrrah looked down and knew it was the true, but then you showed a smile "Hey why not Train him" You said.

"Train Him?" Pyrrah was confuse on this.

"Yeah i mean you in a whole new league and Jaune will be thrill if you trained him personally. That way he can feel great about himself and can graduate with us."

Pyrrah was in thought for a moment "You know thats not a bad idea but one more thing"

"Yeah?" You said.

"What about you, i mean you in the exact same level as me and maybe even higher. Why not you train him aswell?" Pyrrah ask with a hint of Excitement.

You laugh nervously "Well i have alot thing and i wish could but i cant..im sorry"

"Oh well is Okay, Thank you anyways." Pyrrah said while noticing Jaune getting out the classroom. "Well ill see you Later Y/N"

You see Pyrrah run towards Jaune and started walking away, you sighed for a moment and took your leave not until a certain someone was blocking your way. Just by seeing his face make your blood boil.

"Listen here you ice dick. You better back off before you get hurt, Jaune is my new Personal Dog. So if you want me to leave you alone then back off" He said walking towards you and bumping you in the shoulder. while laugher was heard behind you.

"Oh~ was that a threat?" You said getting Cardin to stop and look at you.

Before you could turn around, Cardin swung his axe but you dodge sucessfully and kick him in the chest making him to back off. "Cardin you really dont want to do this." you said showing your weapon.

Cardin didnt say a word but he smirk and back away from you. You see him walk away and now you thought if Jaune was going to be okay. But something tells you is not the end of it.

Somewhere near the deep forest two mysterious men was watching over you.

"This Cardin fellow is going be a great Subject for our test." He said looking at his leader.

"Yes but it seem that this student here with the ice semblance might be an obstical for our plan." He said.

"Oh forget about him. He might be nothing." He said while dissapearing from his leader.

"Hm....i hope your right." The leader said while disapearing making you getting a strange feeling that someone was watching you.

"Hm...Weird" You said while walking away and ignoring the feeling.