Chapter 67

-a few weeks later-
As I'm writing I put my face in my hands wanting to give up, "god damnit." I mumble grabbing my beer next to me and taking a swig. I sigh and look at the lyrics in front of me, "these are shit..." I say to myself, "Abel!" I yell. I hear his footsteps coming towards the room and the door open, "what's wrong babe?" "Can you help me write something?" I ask him. He nods, "get up..." he says. I nod and get up Abel sits where I was and I sit on his lip causing him to smile instinctively putting his arm around my torso. I feel myself smile slightly and and watch him as he reads over my lyrics, "they're fucking shit I know god I should just stop no one listens to this shit anyway." I say putting my face in my hands, "lana stop I love your music." "You have to say that you're my boyfriend, but we both know that my last few songs haven't done well, Abel I just don't know what to do, I wanna write good I guess I don't know..." I say frustrated and resting my head against Abel's as I sigh and close my eyes. "Babe these lyrics are good." Abel says running his hand up and down my stomach gently, "agh just edit them and write a bit, "are you asking me to collaborate Carmen." I smile slightly, "maybe..." he smiles and I start to explain to him what I was trying to do with the song. He tries to understand me and writes what he thinks sounds right for the song and I relax a bit against him, "how does the song go Car?" Abel asks me rubbing my side. I sing a few lines of the song and Abel nods scribbling down something. I feel his arm tighten around me and I open my eyes, "babe what's wrong?" I ask him looking over at him, "I thought I heard something." He mumbles. I sit up and get off Abel, "I'll go check-" "I'm coming with you." Abel says getting up and going in front of me towards our door, "do you have your gun?" I ask him, "upstairs." He mumbles. I sigh but follow behind him into the hallway and towards the main room. When we got there the door was cracked open causing me to panic, "Abel!" I whisper yelled, "I know shh." He whispers back, "let's get upstairs I'll get my gun." He whispers back. I nod and we quietly go upstairs Abel opens the door to my bedroom and we go in quickly and he shuts the door behind us. He kneels on the floor and reaches under the bed grabbing his gun out of its little suitcase. Once he gets it he goes to the bathroom and looks around in there then comes out, "lock the door I'll check the rest of the upstairs." He says. I nod and do as he says, locking the door we came up from and then letting Abel go out the other one and I lock it behind him.
-Abel-
I wait until I hear the door click then look in the guest room and that bathroom but I hear something move behind me and turn to see Julius standing up and Cezar coming off the bed, "you guys scared me fuck." I say telling them to come with me. They follow me and I text Carmen to tell her to open the door for me. I get to our room and go in, Carmen gets off the bed and kisses me, "fuck I was so worried baby..." she says, "I've gotta check downstairs Car..." I mumble to her, she sighs and hugs me, "please be careful..." she says as I pull away from her, "I will Lizzy..." I say. I tell Julias to protect Lana and tell Cesar to come with me. I check the whole house and it's empty. I go outside to the garage and open the door. I go in the garage and see a man in one of our cars jerking off, I yell at him and he stops and putting his hands up when he sees the gun. I keep it aimed at him and call the cops who come a few minutes later and arrest the man. When the cops get here Carmen comes outside and pulls me into a kiss, "fuck I was so fucking worried Tesfaye..." She says hugging me. I smiled as I feel her body relax in my arms. I turn my head into her neck and kiss it, "Love you." I mumble, "Love you too..." she says, "I'm gonna go write some more, please come help..?" She says more asking. I nod, "I'll be there in a bit."