S

Shelby's P.O.V

'There's something about those kids...'

I didn't reply to the voice. My girlfriend could see again! I couldn't say sorry enough. We decided to call an optometrist that the Mentors totally remembered helps the FAE so that we don't need to go into public. How convenient. Anyway, there was soon a knock at the door, and so I bounced over to answer it. A man stood there, smiling. "Oh, are you one of the new FAE soldiers?" he asked.

"Yep!" I replied, moving to the side to let him in. "I'm Shelby, soul of Light."

"I'm Danny. I've been taking care of the FAE since the very beginning."

"You literally look 20 years old."

"I'm immortal. So are you. Now, where's the patient?"

I took him upstairs to Jess. "Danny! Long time, no see, my friend," Lauren greeted.

"Hi!"

Danny did the optometrist stuff and decided to give her glasses. "I won't be able to get them for a couple days, so you'll just have to be careful," he said.

"Okay!" Jess smiled.

"I'll go order them in. You guys got a computer?"

"Yes we do," Scott replied as they walked out of the room.

'Shelby, you have to go to those kids!'

'No! They're kids, they deserve no part in this.'

'I'm telling you, they're more than what meets the eye. They have strong magic.'

'In that case, you are NOT getting your hands on them!'

'Watch me.'

"Hey, I'll be back. I gotta use the bathroom," I found myself saying. I ducked out of my room and to the boys' room. I slowly opened the door to see them playing card games in there together. "Hi Shelby! You wanna join?" Graser asked.

"Actually, I gotta chat with you all," I replied, shutting the door and locking it.

The boys glanced at each other nervously. I sat down on the ground with them. I sighed. "Give me your magic," I said.

"What?" Liam cocked his head.

"Did I stutter? Give me your magic."

"Why?" Will asked.

"I need it."

"I'm the only one with it."

"No, you're not. Now give it over."

"How?"

I made a ball of light. It was dim to not hurt their eyes. "Use it on this," I said.

Will glared at me. He shook his head. "No," he frowned.

"No?" I chuckled, making the boys even more nervous. "Fine. Come with me then."

"No, I sense something off about you, Shelby."

"Is that so?" I had my sword in my hand. Liam jumped in front of his siblings, holding his arms out protectively. I smirked and my sword disappeared. "Strength. You're invincible, unbreakable. The worst a sword can do to you is pain," I explained. "You have superhuman strength. I have a place for you in my... army."

"What?" Liam asked, his chest puffing out.

"I don't belong in this... this team. I'm stronger than them. And I'm gonna prove that."

Graser placed a hand on Liam's arm, and Liam calmed slightly. "Control over emotions. Quite the power to have, Graser," I said, eyes wide.

"Could you leave us be?" Graser asked.

"For now, I guess. But if you dare tell anyone about what I said, then I'll be sure to scar you in more ways than one."

"Okay, okay, just get out."

I smiled and left the room. I went to my own bedroom and locked the door. 'Perfect. We'll be controlling them soon.'

'But...'

'Shelby, you have two powers, technically. Except only I can use the second one until I give more of it to your other soul.'

'What is it?'

'Manipulation. I'm able to enslave anyone I want.'

'Then why haven't you used it?'

'Oh, but I just did.'

'No, on the others.'

'Because then I wouldn't be able to see their suffering. That's why I took over your mind completely earlier. I was bored. You aren't... mean enough.'

'I'm Light, I'm not meant to be.'

'You will be.'