X

Shelby's P.O.V

'I know I wanted to mess with everyone, but... Ross is my cousin. A-and he looked so scared...'

'Shelby, don't be so wet. You're stronger than this.'

'Yeah, but...'

'It's either scare him or kill him.'

'Okay...'

'Now, we've got this epic sword, yet we've never used it for its real purpose.'

'Who are...'

'Lizzie.'

'What is it you don't like about her?' 

'I've had troubles with her soul. Have you ever wondered how I got like this?'

'No, I just assumed you were always like that.'

'Well... I was a normal person like you once. Years and years ago, it was. Lizzie's soul... she was also a real person. We were besties, inseparable. That was... until high school came along.

She found a new group of girls, the popular kids. Ya see, I was the nerdy kid, not many friends, massive geek... but Lizzie was a social butterfly. Everyone loved her, and through out Elementary and Middle school, she always chose me over popularity. I thought it would always be that way, until she fricking stabbed me in the back.

Lizzie acted like she was still my friend, but then she began bullying me. It hurt horribly. But I don't think it was the words she said, but more so the fact that she always stuck up for me in the past. Although I was sad and depressed, I felt even more angry. I wanted these feelings to go away.

It was the day I planned to end it all. I had my note ready for my Dad. My Mom died in childbirth, and my siblings hated me, so Dad was the only one I had. I stood on the edge of the cliff, taking in the view. That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see an unfamiliar face. She was wearing all black, with that natural dark brown hair, and she was fairly tall. Her grin was slightly unsettling at first. It didn't look natural spreading almost from one ear to the other (quite literally). But the most memorable thing was the black liquid that trickled down her face. "You don't have to die," she said. "You can get revenge."

I looked at her blankly, and she grabbed my hands. "I have magic. I can give it to you. But on one condition," she said.

"What?" I asked.

"You will not remain a solid form. You will be the soul of someone else. You will never be able to be like this again, and once you choose, there is no going back."

It took me a moment, but the idea of revenge excited me. I nodded my head. I felt a sharp pain in my head, and I was rooted to the spot. I squeezed my eyes shut until the pain had stopped. When I opened them, I saw that the girl was gone. And I saw a single drop of thick black liquid drop to the ground.

I got into Lizzie's head, eventually facing her off and killing her. To many, it would sound extreme, but she was about to take my life. 

She was sentenced to the same fate as me: being the soul of another. But when you were born, I became apart of you, Shelby. I've come to you lately because you have power, and I wanna help you use it to the fullest.'

'But that was Lizzie in the past.' The story still made me sad. My soul's been through so much.

'Lizzie now is exactly how she was then. You're like how I used to be. Naive, a pushover. But now you're powerful. And we're going to take this world together.'

Her laugh rang through my head. I giggled.

"Sasha, come on!" Yammy moaned.

"ALL WE GOTTA DO IS BRING THE HOUSE DOWN, RAISE THE ROOF AGAIN ON THE FLOOR!! LET'S BRING THE HOUSE DOWN! REALLY WANNA HEAR YOU SHOUTING 'MORE, MORE, MORE!'" Sasha jumped off from wall to wall. Man, her and Jess had an unhealthy obsession with S Club 7. "Hey, why don't you take Danny instead? If God has any medical problems... and I'm sure you can drag him through the portal," I suggested. Yammy narrowed her eyes at me before leaving the room, returning again five minutes later with Danny. They left without another word. 'I'll be honest with ya here, I almost feel bad ruining Sasha's life. Haven't you realises how much people get mad at her from her crazy nature? Also, shapeshifting! Wouldn't that be helpful for us? We can control her.'

'Hm... I'll think about it. We'll let her be for now. But her fate is still very much so up in the air.'

"Hey Shelby, wanna join my dance party?" Sasha asked.

'Wouldn't hurt. To gain more of her trust or to let loose a little.'

"Oh heck yeah!" I exclaimed.