solar

You are the brightest star in my sky, the primary source of my energy, my high. Yours was the warmth that melted my arctic heart. You are the sun and I am a mere mortal stupid enough to put you on that pedestal. I am like the Earth that revolves around no one but you, always trying to get every bit of your rays of sunshine, always hoping to finally get closer to you. How come no matter how long I surround you nothing's ever changing? You are still millions of miles away from me. Why is it that even though I know you are going to be the death of me I am still willing to get scorched by your blazing light? Breaking away from the alignment of my orbit could dismantle my world but being by your side is a choice I would undoubtedly take over and over again. I guess this is just another case of a moth drawn to fire but what can I do? You made me swallow all of my wit and now I am reduced to a slave of my own heart's desire.

You are truly the sun and I am so enamored by you. Yours is the face that I would gladly look upon but can't because just a glimpse of you hurt. Not because you're hideous or anything like that but because staring at you reminds me of all the reasons as to why I am never going to be enough for you. Your warmth makes me feel alive but too much of your presence sets my whole body on fire, and love, I am extremely terrified that I would give in and let you incinerate me, consume me until I am left with nothing but cinders of my self. Sometimes I wonder what would really destroy me, you or the intensity of the love that I bear for you. Maybe they are just two sides of the same coin and both of them have the capacity to end me.

Funny how uninformed you are about all of this. You don't even have the slightest idea of the power you hold against me. You can make me go round and round, you can make me beg for your light. You are the center of my system. You keep me in place with the strength of your gravity. You became a vital part of my life without even knowing it. So there's really no one to blame for my despair but myself.

Like any other day, dusk will come and the night will begin. This madness that I dared to call love will eventually end. I will come to start adoring the comfort of the moon instead of the fierceness of the sun. I will find a brighter star in the cosmos. This world that I built solely for the purpose of worshipping you will crumble and meet its own apocalypse. As for the sun, no matter how enormous it may seem, it is still a star and we all know that stars die—and so will my love for you.