Chapter One.

The lights were dim, bodies grinding into one another to the beat of the latest dubstep song, but yet virtually unnoticed Emmalee Larkin smiled anyway. She stood there in New York's hottest night club surrounded by the worlds most elite and felt happy. She had never seen anything like it. It was beautiful in it's own way and for once she was apart of it, even if she was only the help. She held the order pad to her chest, taking it all in, remembering when her father had sat her down last night and asked her if she would be interested in giving him a hand. Yes fell out of her mouth with a giddy laugh even before she even thought about it.

She needed the money after all. Having gotten laid off a little over three months ago, Emmalee was learning for the first time what financial hardship was. She was down to the nitty gritty in her savings account and her rent was past due and whereas this wouldn't pay in full what she owed to her landlord it would help a lot.

Emmalee didn't really know what she doing though. Previously, she had worked as a personal assistant at a law firm, so the art of bartending was a bit lost on her. It was the reason her father had set her up with taking orders, nothing more nothing less.

Her head shot up as someone placed there hand on her shoulder from behind and leaned against her. "Emmalee, it's not the time for daydreaming," She relaxed. It was only her father. "We are extremely busy tonight. Thea could use your help behind the bar." He all but shouted to be heard over the music.

Turning to to her father, she nodded with a smile and headed towards the bar. As she approached it a skinny blonde with far too much make up that she assumed was Thea glared at her. "Of course," she muttered under her breath. " I get stuck with the fatass. She better not slow me down..."

Emmalee let the comment roll over her shoulders and continued on passed her, heading over to the two men that took a seat at the end of the bar. She heard comments like that all her life and she tried not to let it get to her. She had been a big girl all her life, but as far as she was concerned she had a beautiful personality and in return that made her a beautiful person. It wasn't as if everyone was going to like her anyway and she wasn't going to base her life trying to please everyone.

Stopping in front of the two men, she smiled, taking in the sight of them. Even sitting down she could tell they were both tall. If they were to stand they would tower over her five foot two inch frame for days. As her eyes trailed over them she couldn't help but notice their flawless beauty, sculpted to perfection with their hair combed neatly into place. They have to be models, she thought with a breathless sigh.

"We like what we see, too, love."

What was that suppose to mean?

The accent took her by surprise and she inhaled deeply as her face flushed crimson at being caught looking them over, but yet she couldn't keep her eyes off them. Her eyes fell the the man had just spoke, noting how lovely the bronze color of his hair was and how it brilliantly complimented the green of his eyes. His delicate lips curled into a knowing smirk as his friend beside him chuckled softly.

Her gaze averted to him as her blush deepened. His chocolate brown as met her own blue gaze and he smile brightly before lifting his hand to lightly run his fingers through his golden locks. Her mouth fell open as she struggled to breath properly. She was suppose to be doing something, but she wasn't entirely sure what. Only thing she could concentrate on in that moment was her breathing. Nothing would be more embarrassing than passing out from lack of air.

"Are you kidding me?" Thea growled, coming up behind her. " Are you not competent enough to take an order? Too much fat surrounding your brain to allow you to function?"

Apparently she was wrong. There was something more embarrassing. Emmalee blushed and quickly turned to face the angry blond to apologize. "Don't," Thea spat, pointing off to the other direction. " There is a spill down there. Let's see if you can handle that."