Chapter 11

( Hey guys!! Thanks so much for continuing to read this fanfic of mine. Sorry for slowly uploading chapters, I've been in the making a new friku story and can't wait to start publishing it. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying this fanfic as I'm writing it. Thanks for the support and I hope you are safe and healthy in these times. Anyways, I won't make this intro too long. As per usual, vote, comment, and follow.)

Goku's p.o.v.

It had probably been a couple of hours since Goku started his search for the ring. He was digging through all of the rubble while on his knees, which caused his joints to slightly ache. The bandages that wrapped around his abdominal area were beginning to loosen, and was exposing his forming scars. Goku found himself in a strenuous and boring cycle of grabbing onto the sharp rocks and throwing them behind him. There were a few piles being formed from all of the rocks, and they were several meters aways from his strong throws. The saiyan then tried to hurry the process and was chucking several of the rocks onto the piles. The saiyan's palms were covered with blisters and had some blood fill the creases of his hands, but regardless he was still searching. The saiyan tried his best to ignore the searing pain and kept his mind on finding the ring. The only sound that could be heard were the rocks hitting some of the piles which would sometimes cause a small avalanche-like motion on them. Goku proceeded to keep his mind on his goal.

At this point the sky was a blend of red and an  orangish color as the sun was starting to set. Goku had a mixture of sweat and dirt trickle down his forehead and drop onto the withered ground. There was no wind, but the temperature was starting to cool down compared to how it was in the afternoon. The piles of rock that formed grew incredibly since he begun. It looked as if there were small hills of rock that surrounded Goku, and he was only about a quarter of a way through the trail of rubble. The Hero then stopped throwing the rocks to have a moment's rest. He wasn't completely out of breath, but was huffing from exhaustion. The hero brought his arm up to wipe off some of the sweat on his shiny forehead and said, "Phew..." This was definitely harder than he expected. Not only, but the pain had worsened and was lingering around his lower arms. The saiyan then lazily looked at the raised arm only to notice thick blood ooze out from his palm and run down his wrists. Yeesh! He shuddered at the sight of it. The hero wiped some of it off onto his orange pants which only ended up smearing it even more and staining red into his pants. "Aww man." He groaned. How much longer before I find it? The Hero's eyebrows furrowed together as he sighed. The saiyan attempted to motivate himself, but was starting to doubt that he'd find the jewelry. His stomach growled and he realized how hungry he was. I should've waited for the morning to do the search, he complained in his head. At least then I could've eaten dinner. Goku then started to think back, wondering how this all started. Several hours ago, he sort of acted on impulse once he realized he lost the jewelry, and recklessly left without a word to find Frieza's gift. Goku let out another impatient huff, but then continued to dig through the mess. The rocks he threw helped in growing the already large piles. The saiyan began picking up the speed, hoping not to damage the jewelry if it was there.

Frieza's p.o.v.

It had been hours since Frieza started a search of his own, but similar to the saiyan's it wasn't going well. He had searched several different parts of nearby areas, including towns, many landscapes, and so on. Frieza even checked all the restaurants, and still no sign of him. The tyrant frowned while thinking, why would Goku leave all of a sudden? Frieza was starting to get really annoyed with the saiyan, especially since he started acting weirdly nervous around him. First it was the secret "errand" he wouldn't let Frieza know much about, then the out-of-the blue camping trip, and now this?!? Has he lost his mind? The ice jin ridiculed the saiyan in his head. He was flying around an unchecked area of woods while trying to come up with an idea of where the simp could be. He glanced up to see the sun set, understanding that he should probably hurry this search of his. Why am I always the one chasing after this saiyan?! Frieza questioned himself with a frown. I was once feared emperor, he should be bowing down to me. While ranting in his mind, the tyrant was checking around the rivers, thinking that Goku was just getting fish or something. Yet again, there was no sign of him. Frieza then flew higher above the trees as he pursued surveying his surroundings. "That idiot should've at least left a note or something before wandering off." The tyrant quietly grumbled aloud as he quickly hovered around the woods. The lush forests made all of the trees look the same. Suddenly his eyes widened. About 50 ft from where he was hovering, there was a long row of trees bending slightly as if something pushed them into that position. Strangely, they were stable in that position and were barely swaying. Some of the trees' branches and leaves had even fallen onto the grass. Frieza smirked at this clue, realizing that this must've been caused from Goku. To his knowledge, both the saiyan and ice jin were the only ones on earth with the power to do that. Although this logic wasn't proved, he was willing to take that risk to find the hero. The tyrant's eyes narrowed as he began to speed through the air while following the row of bent trees. However, he was confused as to why it was leading to the place they fought Cooler. The memory of his brother made him cringe a bit, and his fist unintentionally clenched showing the whites of his knuckles.
The landscape was beginning to be barren the further he flew. The ice jin knew he would force the saiyan to explain his actions. Maybe he could also knock sense into that small brain of Goku's.