Chapter 14

(IMPORTANT NOTICE: it's the not being active for years for me....XD but in seriousness er here ya go, I wanted to continue the cringy stuff... ;v; hav fun)

Goku's p.o.v.

Goku's eyes fluttered open, and lazily flicked to each side of the bedroom, adjusting to the light of consciousness.  Morning sunlight seeped through the window near the bed, and annoyingly brushed onto the saiyan's face, causing his nose to scrunch up.

As he awoke, his mind remained silent...without any thoughts in an almost meditative yet groggy state. It was a peculiar kind of quiet where he was resting without worrying...and without even thinking at all. This silence in his head, however, did not last long as his thoughts trailed to what happened with Frieza the previous night. A pang of regret made its way through his body, causing his chest to tighten and a shiver to roll down his spine.

It was almost sickening how quickly he fell into this cycle of trying to create bonds with Frieza, but would always seemingly fail despite his efforts. The moment he conjured up a new idea to confess to the tyrant, something bad would always happen.

The saiyan's lips pressed together as he thought of his next move: to fix the ring and finally show Frieza how much he loved him. Though he did feel slightly guilty at the idea of cheating on Chichi with a homocidal lizard, something about it felt so wrong but right, giving him the same thrilling excitement that a fight would give.

What that psychotic ice jin did to him was wild, and he hadn't felt that bricked up in a while....

While releasing a content sigh, Goku brought himself to sit up; making the bed creak from the movement while the covers slid off of his shoulders and onto the mattress. He reached his arms high in the air while stretching his back, earning a few popping noises from his joints.

Alright!! Fix the ring, then give it to Frieza... Simple right? He retorted to himself. Though he had multiple failed attempts, he felt he determined to go through with it this time.
The saiyan swung his legs off of the mattress  and clumsily made his way over to the closet. He nearly stumbled, his body waking up and getting rebalanced.

Beneath his top, he couldn't help but notice the touch of the bandages that became loose overnight. A blush formed on his cheeks as a reminder of the awkward encounter he had with Frieza the night before. He felt his eyebrow twitch as he cringed at his mistake, but tried to suppress the emotion as he patted his pocket to make sure the ring was there.When he felt the comforting embrace of the cold metal, the Saiyan let out a loud, "Phew!"

Chichi stirred from the commotion he caused but remained still for a moment. Though it didn't take long before she realized the other's absence on the mattress and she looked up from the bed to see Goku preparing to leave. Realizing this, he was about to head out the door, using the tips of his toes. Before he could escape, she spoke while rubbing her eyes, "Goku, why are you up this early?" He stopped dead in his tracks as he quietly huffed out in defeat, "Dang it." The Saiyan looked over his shoulder with his hand placed on the doorknob and spoke, "Um... I'm just going...training. Yes! I am going training." The woman's eyebrows furrowed and she was about to object before he added while nervously chuckling, "Heh heh oh man look at the time! I gotta go...training."

Before she could scold him, he began to run through the hallway, his clunky footsteps echoing a bit - fully giving up on being stealthy. The hero sprinted down the stairs which caused loud thumps to mix with the creaky wood steps. Goku then faced the front door and hesitated as he was about to leave.

Should I tell Frieza where I'm going? He wondered, remembering how furious the ice jin was when he was searching for him. The Saiyan debated with himself for a minute but nodded as he decided to say tell Frieza he'd be out.