FOUR

"Y/n!" I looked up, seeing the whole of the Smosh Squad rush into he waiting room. Before I could even speak they all gathered me into a group hug. After a moment, we pulled away, and I was able to take a breath.

"She hit her head, slipped in the shower and landed on the corner of the sink. The doctors are guessing she must have stepped on her bad leg wrong and took a nose dive. There's no significant damage to her head or brain thankfully." I told them, and watched as Damien walked out of the bathroom. "Hey Dame." Courtney said, seeing the distraught look on Damien's face.

"You guys came." He said, a small smile on his face as he looked at his friends. "Of course, S/n is family." Shayne said, walking up to his friend. I watched the two talk for a bit, all of us awaiting for a doctor to come out to tell us she was awake.

But that never happened. At least not for a while. It had gotten to be about 10 at night, when the last thing we heard was that she was still out cold.

"You guys can go home and rest for work tomorrow. I'm gonna stay in the room with S/n and if anything happens I'll call. Will you feed the cats for me, Y/n?" Damien asked me, and I happily nodded. "Of course, they're gonna be the only thing to make the house seem less empty." I said with a dry laugh, before hugging him and walking outside.

The rest of the squad had all gone home, leaving Damien and I there alone the last hour. We told them we'd call if anything changed, but sadly that didn't happen. I sighed as I called for an Uber, and made my way back to our little apartment.

~~2 a.m.~~

I couldn't sleep. I laid in my bed, both of the cats on me sleeping peacefully, but I was anything but peaceful. Thoughts kept swarming through my mind. What if she landed in another coma? What if something IS wrong? I can't lose my sister. She's one of the only people who has always been there for me. I need her.

I grunted, carefully moving the cats off of me and reaching for my phone. This is stupid. Why am I even doing this?

But my fingers still hit call.

Riiinnngg
Riiinnngg
Riiinnngg

"Hello?" I heard a deep voice groggily call out from the other side. I widened my eyes slightly, face going red.

"Hey Shayne, I'm sorry I woke you up."

"It's fine, is everything okay?" He seemed a little more awake now, and I heard some shuffling in the background.

"Yeah I just- I don't- I-I-I-" my voice began to tremble, and I covered my mouth with my other hand. Silent tears fell over my cheeks, and I let out a few shaky breaths.

"I'm so scared. I left the hospital hours ago but I can't sleep. I can't help but to be scared that somethings wrong. What if she doesn't wake up this time? What if-"

"Hey, Hey Y/n it's okay." His voice was soothing, and he helped me take some deep breaths. "Are you at the house alone?" He finally asked after moments of silence.

"Yeah, Damien stayed at the hospital with S/n. I-i can't sleep with my thoughts."

"Okay. Hold on I need to do something then I'll call you back okay?" He said.

"Okay, Thanks Shayne."

"No problem." He hung up, and I took a deep breath. I set my phone down, and decided to make myself a quick 2 a.m. snack. But, nothing looked appealing. I skipped dinner, but after what happened today I couldn't seem to find my appetite. "Damn." I sighed, deciding to just grab a water bottle.

I opened the cold bottle and took a sip, then heard a sudden knock on the door. Raising a brow, I set the water down and walked to the door, opening it.

"Shayne?"

"Hey, sorry it took a minute I stopped by McDonalds and got you some chicken nuggets." He said, walking in and closing the door. I widened my eyes slightly, following him. "Shayne you didn't have to-"

"I did it for your sister, I don't mind doing it for you. Besides, I'm not much of a gentleman if I let you worry all alone."

"Shayne..." I smiled, watching him go to the kitchen and pull out the nuggets. He placed them on the counter, along with a variety of dipping sauces. "I'm worried about her too. But she's strong, she'll be okay." He smiled, looking over at me. The only light in the room at the moment was the moonlight casting through the window, and dear god if you thought this man was beautiful before, you should see him in this light.

I watched him walk up, and place a hand on top of my head. Patting me like I was a child. "Want me to stay? I can sleep on the couch so you aren't alone."

"Ugh. I feel so weird to ask you to. An adult who can't even sleep alone-"

"It's not that and you know that. You know it's because you're worried about your sister. And it's okay to be worried." I hadn't even realize when his arms had pulled me into a hug, but there we were. Standing in the middle of the living room just holding onto each other. Neither one of us dared to speak. We just took in each other's presence.

"You...don't have to sleep on the couch. We've slept in a bed together before."

He pulled back slightly, and slowly nodded his head. "Okay. Ready to go to sleep, then?"

"After my nuggets." I smiled, went over and quickly ate my food.

I yawned, throwing away the trash and he chuckled slightly. I led him towards my room, which was lit up by my tiny desk lamp. The cat glanced up when I walked in, making happy little 'purrbb' noises as the moved around so Shayne and I could crawl into the bed.

"Goodnight, Y/n." He said, turning onto his side to face me. I turned onto mine as well, folding my arm underneath my pillow. My bed wasn't that big, so we were fairly close together. But I don't think either one of us minded. We both shut our eyes, and the only noise you could hear in the room was the purring of the two cats.

I slept wonderfully that night.

~~~
Hey guys!
Sorry for the short chapter, I've been really busy with school and idk if you all follow me but we might be losing our house. So things have been kind of tough.
I'll try update more for you loves 💕