SIX

"Shayne."

"Mn." He looked up slightly, but his attention went straight back to the coffee cup. He was pouting. This grown man was sitting here, and pouting.

"Shayne Topp look at me."

His blue eyes slowly glanced up, looking into my own. I sighed, crossing my arms. "Are you finally gonna tell me what the hell that was about?"

"I absolutely have no idea-"

"Shayne I swear to God this frapp will end up in your lap. what was that with the doctor."

"Oh!" He gave a fake laugh, before shrugging his shoulders and sipping his coffee. "I just thought it was unprofessional of him to hit on his patients."

"Maybe I wanted him to. Ever think about that? You don't get to dictate my love life, Shayne!"

"Well maybe you wanted him to but I didn't!" He slammed his hand on the table, bringing the attention of everyone in the room to us. My eyes went wide, and face red. His own face was red, and eyes wide as he realized what he had just said.

"I-I didn't mean to say that out loud..." he whispered, placing his hands into his lap and once again looking down.

"Why didn't you want him flirting with me, Shayne?"

"I don't want to answer that here." He mumbled, looking back up at me. He stood, walking towards me and holding out his hand. "Come with me?"

"Only if you tell me what's going on, Shayne."

"I'll tell you. I promise. Just...come with me."

Sighing, I gently placed my small hand into his, and he gripped it carefully. I stood, and we made our way out of the shop and back to his car. He opened the door for me, went to the wheel and then drove us to god knows where.

"You've been acting so strange today, Shayne. Did I do something wrong?"

"What? No, Y/n! The opposite. I'm just worried I'm gonna do something wrong." He sighed, gripping the steering wheel as we pulled up to a red light. I glanced over at him, studying the side of his face briefly. The light switched the green, and he slowly accelerated onto the highway.

I didn't want to ask where we were going, because I knew he wasn't going to tell me. So I just let the silence overcome us, and fill the car alongside the quiet murmurs of the radio.

I leaned my head back against the head rest, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"No, S/n. I don't think it's smart to move all the way out to California by yourself to work for youtube. You could have a real job here, and you wouldn't have to leave!" I begged my sister, who only smiled in response.

"I love you, Y/n. You know this is my only chance to get s job like this. And besides, I won't be alone. You know (ex name) is coming with me."

Yeah, that made me feel so much better. That guy is a complete asshole, but she's so blinded by love she can't see it herself. The way he acts is just so off, and he never lets her go out with me.

"Fine. But if anything happens you'll call me, right?"

"Of course!"

...

Riiiing
Riiiiing
Riiiing

"Hello?" It has been a few weeks since S/n had left, and this is the first she's finally called me. I'm so upset she never checked in, I just wanna-

"Y-Y/n?" She sobbed out. My eyes widened, and I gripped tightly onto my phone.

"S/n? What happened? Why are you crying?"