10.

six months later...

jin sat in the red, scratchy chair, uncomfortable and slightly sweating. it had been six months since hoseok had started eating again. it was a slow process, carton to mashed potato to smoothies. jin had taken hoseok out to dinner last night, and he watched proudly as hoseok managed to eat a few bite-size pieces of meat and some lettuce. jin had wanted to cry, he was so so proud. tonight was the big dance. the finale. the dance to see who was good enough to stay in the academy. jin remembered doing this, and although he got through he was released a week later. it was now hoseok's turn and he stepped onto the stage.

strings began to play, and jin's eyes widened as he realised this is the song hoseok caught him dancing to. hoseok swirled and spinned, as if the music was controlling him. the crescendo came and went, hoseok nailing it flawlessly. this is where the music stopped for jin, but not for hoseok. he continued with his own choreograph now, and jin was mesmerised. he couldn't feel nervous, hoseok had enchanted him and taken over. his thicker thighs swung upwards, as hoseok began the hardest part of the choreography. a grande jete. he ran on his points, and jumped. it was spectacular. he landed strongly on his left point, and spun before lifting his leg up and spinning, resembling a figure skater. the music stopped and hoseok rose up and the last beat. thunderous applause sounded out through the theatre and jin stood up, other following and before long there was a standing ovation. hoseok's eyes brimmed with tears and he watched jin in the crowd, proud as a mother watching her child graduate.

thank you jin.

i am not useless.

i am not powerless.

i can do this

i will do this.

i am yours, forever and always.

the end