Chapter 2: Vampire Gangs

Seokmin waited on the edge of his seat as all five of them exited the guest room where they had brought in the unconcious vampire hours ago. He noticed that Jihoon, for the most part, still looked like his normal self coming down the stairs, which meant the injuries he healed weren't as severe as they looked. Seungcheol, Jisoo, Mingyu, and Seungkwan looked alright as well.

Seokmin let himself release a breath of relief, hands releasing the grip they hand on the fabric of his pants. Their first encounter with a vampire had gone better than he could've ever hoped for.

"How'd it go?" Soonyoung didn't wait until they all got down the stairs to ask, clearly as nervous as Seokmin. Soonyoung was stood restlessly beside the couch Hansol was currently occupying, both males also eyeing the group for possible signs that any of them got hurt. Seokmin, Soonyoung, and Hansol were forbidden to follow the others inside the spare room. They had been left in the house when the rest happened to stumble upon the vampire in the city.

"Really good," Seungkwan answered with a beam, heading towards where Hansol was seated and making himself comfortable beside him. There were two other large couches, however the griffin hybrid chose to shimmy until his butt was fully seated and he and Hansol looked like sardines in a can. Hansol didn't mind, just casually placing an arm over Seungkwan's shoulders.

Seokmin made eye-contact with Seungcheol, raising his eyebrow to ask for more details. Seungcheol took a seat on the couch opposite him before the elder male began to explain. "He's not telling us what happened to him, or who did it to him. He doesn't seem like the type to suddenly start pouncing on us though, which is obviously a great thing."

"I didn't know vampires had heightened senses," Seungkwan brought up.

Soonyoung's jaw dropped. "They do?"

"Isn't that common knowledge?" Jihoon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion from where he was stood. Soonyoung shook his head at the pixie. "Not really. Everything I know about vampires comes from creatures who've never even met real vampires, Jihoonie. There aren't a lot of vampires in South Korea."

"He was able to tell what we were just by our scents," Mingyu offered helpfully. "He also doesn't drink human blood, or blood from our kinds, he said. I think he's one of those vampires who only drinks animal blood."

"Is he alright, at least? Physically?" Seokmin found himself asking, comforted at the knowledge that he wouldn't be constantly worrying about a vampire sucking his blood out. "He's not going to just die any moment now, right?"

Jisoo blinked, hand holding up his head as his elbow rested on his knee. "Aren't vampires already dead, technically?"

Everybody became quiet.

"He's stable," Seungcheol chose to answer Seokmin instead of entertaining Jisoo's question. "His wounds are healed. He might feel sore, but that's expected. Jihoon couldn't feel any internal injuries, lucky for him. My guess? Conflict with another vampire. Jihoon said the injuries were done by a being equally strong as Minghao." Seungcheol then addressed Soonyoung before the other could let out a question from his already open mouth. "Yes, Soonyoung, vampires also have super strength, same as Mingyu."

Soonyoung and Seungkwan looked at each other, gobsmacked.

"Maybe he fought a demon?" Mingyu suggested, then quickly shook his head. The motion drew attention to his black horns. "A vampire fight is more likely, though."

"His name's Minghao?" Hansol spoke up for the first time. Every single strand of his brown hair was tucked away under a brightly colored beanie. Seungkwan looked at it, repulsed by the object, before deciding to answer his same-aged friend. "Mhm. Xu Minghao. It's the only thing we actually know about him."