1

Small grey clouds of smoke filled the air as you took another puff from your cigarette, you were at the back of the school where most students went to smoke on break.

You never used to smoke on school grounds, but when you found out that Eustass Kid -resident bad boy and your crush- hung out back here, you quickly changed your mind.

You two didn't talk to each other much unless it was to borrow a cigarette or ask about the homework that was given in class.

"Hey (Y/N), do you have an extra cig' on you?" Speak of the deviland he shall appaer. You spun around, a small smile on your face as you looked into Kid's  peircing amber eyes. Your smile got even bigger when you noticed non of his usual crew was with him.

Perfect. Maybe I can talk to him without being interupted.

"Yeah he-"

"There you are."

Or not.

You turned your head to see your best friend Ace jogging towards you two, a dissapointed look on his face. He didn't like it when you smoked or spent anytime with Kid.

"What's up? I thought you were spending break finishing your math homework?" You questioned your freckled friend, a forced smile on your face,he couldn't have had worse timing. He simply took the cigarette from between your lips and tossed it on the ground, stomping it out.

"I was, but it made no sense to me so I came to fing you instead," Ace explained as he wrapped an arm over your shoulder. You noticed Kid leaving and quickly made your way towards him.

"Hey Kid here's that cigarette you wanted," you said while holding out a cigarette for him to take. His hand brushed against yours as he took the offerd 'treat' from you, causing a pale blush to spread across your cheeks.

"Thanks," a small smirk was plasterd on his face as his amber eyes flicked towards you causing your blush to intensify. You mubbled a quick 'see you later' and made your way back towards Ace.

"You shouldn't hangout with a guy like Kid," Ace warned as the two of you made your way towards the school feild, to meet up with the rest of your friends.

"A 'guy like Kid'? What's that supposed to mean? He's a nice guy ya' know," you argued. You just didn't get why Ace hated Kid so much.

Honestly Kid has always been nice to me the few times I've talked to him. Although I have heard he's gotten into quite a bit of fights, but whatever he's still a decent human being.

Ace grumbled something under his breath as the two of you made it to the big oak tree where you usually sat with your friends. Not many of them where present today which was normal for a Friday, given that it was a half day.

Luffy was busy stuffing his face with food, Ussop looked distraut as he tried to finish his homework for next period. Nami was busy flipping through a fashion magazine looking for a dress to wear to the fall formal that was coming up in a couple of weeks. And Sabo sat with Koala in his lap, looking all cute and couply.

I wish I could do that with Kid. Wait would he even be into that type of stuff?

"(Y/N) are you coming over after school today?" Luffy asked with a mouthful of meat, you were suprised that he was able to talk with all that food in his mouth.

"Sorry not today, I have work. I'll come over tomorrow instead," you chirped. You had known Ace since you were seven so it was natural that you were always over at his house and hanging out with his brothers.

Luffy nodded and got back to eating his mountain of food, where he put all that food didn't know.

The bell for last period rang out causing you to let out a sigh as you had history next. It's not that you didn't like history class but your teacher Ms.Nico Robin had a habit of focusing on the more gory things people did throughout history. Which you didn't enjoy much.

At least I can stare at Kid in that class.