10

When you got to Kid's house you got to work on cleaning the cut on his lip and then finding an ice pack for him, in his messy freezer, and pressing it to his bruised cheek.

"I'm sorry," you mumbled out. You knew Ace was going to be angry, but you didn't expect him to do this.

"Hey, don't apologize. This isn't your fault," Kid cooed. He pulled you down into his lap, you stared up into his amber as you held the ice pack to his face. You knew he was trying to make you feel better, which was working but you couldn't help but still feel a little guilty.

He's so nice.

"I know. But Ace is my friend and I still feel bad about what happend," you explained.

"That's understandable. Still you shouldn't feel responsible about it; Ace was the one that chose to punch me." Kid said as he wrapped his arms around your waist and nuzzling into your neck.

"Thanks." You felt so lucky to have someone like Kid, he was so understanding and caring. Honestly you had expected him to fight back, but he didn't which relieved you greatly.

You and Kid orderd in some food and had a few smokes together. You had decided not to go to Ace's house like you were supposed to; you wanted to give him time to cool off. During that time Sabo had called you asking why you didn't show up and why Ace was being so irratable. You gave him a quick run down of what happend, but didn't get into much detail. Sabo actually got pretty pissed, he thought the way Ace handeld himself was unacceptable.

"I'll give you a ride home," Kid offerd when it started to get late. Even though it was short drive from his house to your's, you had managed to fall asleep on the ride there. The days event had taken more out of you then you thought. When you woke up Kid was carrying you to your front door.

"You could have woken me up," you yawned. Feeling bad that you had fallen asleep on him.

"Nah, it's fine. You had a tiring day," Kid said while setting you down, he pressed a soft kiss to your forehead. "Plus you looked really cute while sleeping."

A blush spread across your face, then you gave Kid a kiss on his lips being careful of the cut in the corner of his lips. When you pulled apart Kid's face was redder than his hair, a soft giggle left your lips as you bid him goodnight and went inside your house.

Despite being tired you didn't get much sleep that night. You couldn't help thinking about your best friend and how you could fix this whole situation, if you could fix it.

Please let everything be okay.