19

You sat awkwardly at the dining room table. Newgate had insisted that you come over for dinner as he hasn't seen you in a while; him, Thatch, and Marco didn't know the situation between you and Ace and you'd like to keep it that way. You knew of those three found out they'd give Ace on ear full and you didn't want that for the freckled boy. Who happened to be sat next to you, it had always been that way when you had meals at Ace's house, since you two are best friends you'd sit next to each other all the time. Why would that change now that the two of you are having diffuclties in your friendship?

Sabo was looking worriedly between the two of you, him and Luffy knew what the situation was, but the younger ravenette was courently stuffing his face with food. You'd barely touched any of your food while Ace was eating his food slower then what was normal for him, it seems Thatch noticed this and it looked like he was able to work out something was wrong with the two of you.

"So (Y/N), what's new with you?" Thatch asked he was staring at you a slight darkness in his eyes, seems he thinks you hurt his brother in some way. Which wasn't wrong, it wasn't intentional of course and you're glad Luffy and Sabo didn't kick your ass for hurting their freckeld brother, you knew how protective these guys were of one another. But maybe since your feeling were hurt as well that's why the two haven't done anything towards you.

"Umm... I'm dating Eustass Kid and I'm off work for the week," you said quickly but the brothers were able to catch each word you said.

"You got yourself a boyfriend lass, that's good." Newgate congratulated you a big grin on his face, although Ace didn't look too happy.

Sorry Ace. But I didn't know what else totell them.

"Why do have a week of work yoi?" Marco questioned you a slight look of worry on the boys face as they waited for you to answer. Even Ace was staring a you expectedly. "Did you do something wrong."

"Nothing. I'm a the best and only employee Katakuri has, it was a customer that caused a problem," you huffed out. You didn't want to tell them you were assualted at work, the only people that knew were your boss, uncle and Kid. You wanted to tell Ace because he always knew how to comfort you best, but at the moment you don't want to tell him until he's speaking to you again.

"So that's it. A customer does something wrong and you're the one getting in trouble, how stupid is your boss?" Ace glowered a deep scowl on his face. Seems even when you two aren't on good terms he still worries about you, but you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't do the same.

"Don't worry, I'm still getting paid." You told Ace trying to calm him down which seemed to work until a death killing glare was plasterd on his face.

Oh no.

"Does that mean this person did something to you?" Ace all but hissed out, you knew he was upset because he was worried about you. But honestly he felt slightly terrified of him right now.

"Ace calm down. It's probably-"

"I was attacked at work!" You yelled cutting Thatch off before running upstairs. You heard what sounded like a chair being knocked over and then someone following you up the stairs. You weren't suprised when Ace grabbed onto your arm and tragged you into his room, he grabbed the blancket off his bed and wrapped you up in it. He pulled you into a hug and sat down with you, his thumbs wiped the tears -you didn't even you know you were crying-  from your cheeks. The stress of fighting with your best friend, and being attacked at work was too much to handle on your own.

Sure some people would have thought you would have talked about this with your uncle or boyfriend or even a therapist, but you didn't. You wanted to talk to your best friend about it. Some things just felt better talking to Ace about; you two had known each other forever and had a special connection.

"Cry as long as you want. I'll stay here as long as you need me." Ace cooed as he gently rocked you back and fourth, his hand rubbing shapes onto your back. You started to stop crying and you Ace just sat there silently until fell asleep.