5

It had been about 2 hours since Kid came over and started working on you dad's old motorcycle. It was mostly taking out parts the needed to be fixed up or replaced, while you sat around handing him tools that'd he'd ask for.

"Do you wanna take a smoke break?" You asked as you stood up to stretch. While you could watch Kid working all day, your body was starting to ache from sitting in one spot.

"Yeah I could use one. Plus there's some parts we're gonna have to order in before I can continue to work on this bike." Kid explained while following you out to your backyard. Your uncle was completely fine with you smoking as long as you didn't do it in the house; he complained that it smelt gross.

You pulled out a cigarette then handed one to Kid, silence filled the air after you two lit your cigarettes, it wasn't an akward silence but not really a comfortable one either.

What the hell do I say to him?

"I can order those parts in for you, it might take a week or so to get in for them to get in but then I can do more on the bike." Kid explained after taking a drag from his smoke.

A week or so? Iwas hoping to spend more time with him.

Kid must have noticed the small pout on your face because the next thing he did suprised you.

You hadn't yet lit your cigareette so Kid gently grabbed your chin and pressed the end of his lit cigarette to your unlit one that was between your lips. All you could do was stare dumbly woth your (e/c) into his amber ones. A deep red blush spread across your face and your body went still as butterflies flooded your stomach.

"Don't look so upset. I've wanted to spend time with you for a while now, this bike was the perfect opportunity to do so," Kid confessed as he pulled away from you. You noticed that the tips of his ears were tinted pink and that he rubbed the back of his neck shyly as he stared at you.

He wants to spend time with me!? Does he like me? No, he probably just meant in a friendly way. But then why is he blushing?

"W-well in that case we can hangout more while we wait for the parts," you suggested. You fumbled your fingers as you waited for him to say something, you looked back up at Kid when his larger hand engulfed your smaller one.

"I'd like that. I'd like it even better if was a date instead of a hangout though," Kid whisperd in your ear. You swore that the blush on your face was redder than Kid's hair as stared shocked at him.

"Umm I-I would umm.. I mean-"

Beep~ Beep~

Your were interupted by your phone going off you quickly pulled your phone out of your pocketto see that it was Luffy calling you.

Shit. I was supposed to hangout with him today.

You answerd the call while Kid continued to smoke his cigarette. All you could hear on the other end was some shouting and Chopper barking.

"Shihihi~ Marco you look silly~" Was the first thing Luffy said. "(Y/N) where are you? Are you on your way?"

What are those idoits doing?

"I'm so sorry Luffy. I forgot about our plans for today and ended up inviting Kid over," you apologized. Which wasn't completely true, it was more like once Kid agreed to fixing up your dad's motorcycle you forgot about everything else.

"Alright I'll forgive you. But you gotta bring me a lot of meat the next time you come over shihihi~. Are you and Kid having fun?" Luffy asked.

"What? Kid is there?" Your heard Ace shout in the background.

Shitshitshitshit.

"Okay I'll bring you meat Luffy. Bye~" you hung up before Ace had a chance to snatch from Luffy and question you. Slipping your phone back into your pocket you turned around to see Kid giving you an amused smirk.

"Heh sorry about that. But to answer your question I'd love to go on a date with you," you smiled. He looked mildly shocked before the smirk returned to his face.

"Great." Was all he said but you could see it in his eyes that he looked genuinely happy.